Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puddle lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was about to purchase some aftermarket door puddle lights that display Tesla when it’s lit but According to what I’ve read in this forum, It seems like replacing the puddle lights with aftermarket lights that show the Tesla emblem can cause issues with the windows not operating properly. is this true?

I just got the 13-light (11 white, 2 red) kit from Abstract Ocean, and it would take a LOT of work for one of those puddle lights to screw up the windows. The puddle lights are "just another light" of the 13 that are identical in shape. Only if the replacement puddle light fixture was distinctly different in shape/dimension would it be taller. The plug slides into the the back of the lamp fixture parallel to the face of the light, so while there are no obvious limitations on how tall that light can be from the cord's perspective, I think you'd know it from the dimensions.

Watch the installation instructions and go check out your puddle lights as they are today. Perhaps stick a finger up in there when the window is down and see if you can bump into the glass or mechanism?

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
I got some for Xmas, the logo versions
Load of crap
The connecter are set higher than OEM therefore you need to push them down with a screwdriver to connect them, once commented they do not fit into the setting due to the Tesla logo emblem being interchangeable. They stick out slightly and can't even be forced in. Too much force and the thing falls apart.

I installed the Motrobe lights from Amazon was very apprehensive when I installed. Have to say they turned out great so far. Ordered for back doors too and am holding on to the OEM lights in the car, just in case the Motrobe ones fail on me.

I purchased the Car Winer (Amazon's brand) for my Model Y and had no problems with the windows. I already had the after market lights on my front doors and just recently got them for the back doors. However, I have a different issue. When I open both the front and rear doors on the left side of the car, both lights will light up. However, when I open both doors on the right had side of the car, the light for the right rear door will not light. It works fine by itself, but if you open the front door, it goes out. Just to test I put the original light back in the right rear door and it worked. I cannot figure why the rear light would go out, if the front door is opened. It puzzling. I would think they work or not work, but not have some conditional problem. The only thing I can surmise is that the new lights are so much brighter and there is some energy-saving limitation that won't permit all fours doors to be open at the same time. It's not a super problem, but I would like to know if anyone had a similar experience. Of course, there is no website or phone number to call the manufacturer. ???