Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puffy rattle sound at driver side window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Has anyone had a problem with a puffy rattle sound by the driver-side window while driving. I’ve had the car into the service centre. They applied some kind of oil or cream or something to help. It did help but the noise is coming back again and it’s doing my head in. The noise is right next to my head.

Any advice?

I have the clicking when going over bumps which I took to be down to lower temperatures and the effect of the window against the rubber.

When I booked a service center visit for this and other issues I was advised that a part was required that’s on back order. I’m now waiting for the part and I’ve been advised that mobile service will be able to fix it once it’s in stock.

I have the clicking when going over bumps which I took to be down to lower temperatures and the effect of the window against the rubber.

When I booked a service center visit for this and other issues I was advised that a part was required that’s on back order. I’m now waiting for the part and I’ve been advised that mobile service will be able to fix it once it’s in stock.

Please fill us in with more info once you go through this. Will be interesting to see what the part is and if it actually does anything.

It sounds like after put in for the sc, they knew what was wrong without even having to see the vehicle.

yeah same for me. It's the window rubbing on the rubber seal. When it stops raining, I'm going to rub a thin application of talc along the seal. That should do it ... and a heck of a lot cheaper than Gummi! I'll let you know if it works.

Reactions: Christiez
After a mobile service visit the engineer replaced my door seal. It seems to have corrected the issue, although...

It has now introduced more wind noise which I’m hoping will go away after a bit of bedding in. I was advised that the door might be more difficult to shut for a while which I haven’t found but it’s very early days.

I had the same rattle on the drivers side when cold and bumpy.

So I rubbed some of this on the door/window seals ...

1940012.jpg

.. and my car has been rattle free for a few months now.

You can also use it to lube your toilet seals.

Last edited:
After a mobile service visit the engineer replaced my door seal. It seems to have corrected the issue, although...

It has now introduced more wind noise which I’m hoping will go away after a bit of bedding in. I was advised that the door might be more difficult to shut for a while which I haven’t found but it’s very early days.

Interesting. Sounds like they didn't touch the window seal, which is more what I expected.