Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase opinions

What model and mileage is best deal?

• 100k miles 60k model

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to the EV scene and have been looking to purchase a used 2013 model s. I have constantly been seeing the 60kw units at $30000 with 50-60k miles. Is it worth an extra $2000 for a 85kw model with roughly 75k miles? I mostly will be using it to commute round trip about 60 miles a day. How often would you actually need or use the extra range? On the flip side I can find some 60kw models with 100k miles for $26000. How well do theae cars hold up once they get this many miles on them? What would be the better deal? Thank you for any input.

I am new to the EV scene and have been looking to purchase a used 2013 model s. I have constantly been seeing the 60kw units at $30000 with 50-60k miles. Is it worth an extra $2000 for a 85kw model with roughly 75k miles? I mostly will be using it to commute round trip about 60 miles a day. How often would you actually need or use the extra range? On the flip side I can find some 60kw models with 100k miles for $26000. How well do theae cars hold up once they get this many miles on them? What would be the better deal? Thank you for any input.
The 85 is a no brainer over the 60. Absolutely no contest here. It will have more range, charge faster and degrade slower, proportionally. It will also be faster !!! Enjoy your new car!

I bought 85, I get about 235 miles on full charge, only on trips. Keep at 175 in town.
I did 100 hours of research, wrote down every car, I had one requirement, sunroof, rest was extra. Mine is fully loaded.
I tried a CPO. Tesla rep was jerk, couldn't see it, drive it, etc, negotiate.
I got preapproved ck from bank. Went bargaining
Down to 6, then 3 , made cash offers. Bought one from dealer in Atlanta, flew up and drove off.
By paying them cash, I got a great deal off market prices.
Been 60k and ain't looked back.
Good luck
Oh u cant buy one in California, export tax. 10k.