Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting out Feelers: Any interest in a 2016 70D Model S with AP1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's my story. Got the call the other day that my Model 3 would be delivered by end of the year if all goes well. Great news! However my 2016 70D is still under lease until March 2019. I figured I would be able to find someone to assume my lease but since I obtained the car via swap a lease two weeks after the original owner got the car and had to part with it, the car cannot have a second lease assumption on it. I just learned of this Tesla rule today (wish I had checked before I configured my Model 3) Bad News! So before I officially put the hold on the Model 3 and push it off a year I wanted to see if anybody is interested in buying my 2016 70D Model S. The car is in good shape. (has a small door ding that I will take care of if someone wants to purchase ). Here's the specs

2016 70D (feb 2016 build)
Midnight Silver
Premium Audio
Premium Upgrades
Sunroof
Black Leather Seats
black headliner
came with 19" wheels but now has grey 21" turbine wheels - you get both sets of wheels.
mileage is at 15,574. (lease gave me 15k a year until March 2019 so pretty low mileage on the car as it should be nearing 30k since i'm a few months away from 2 years on the lease)
AutoPilot 1

Would need to sell for at least 69k as that is what Tesla is going to charge me since they consider this a trade in. I can send photos if anybody is interested. Please DM if interested

thanks for listening. Don't feel sorry for me, these are good problems to have I suppose.

based in Los Angeles.

Dave

This isn't how you sell a car nor generate interest. Either it is for sale or it isn't. Photos details. Advertise it in CL, eBay etc and get exposure. Obviously someone wants a 2016 Tesla. You have no idea whether you get your price til you actually put it on the wide market. Listening to people tell you what they think they would they would or would not do is simply useless and tells you nothing. Money talks. Everything else is noise.

proforma copy.jpg

correct. tesla is going to charge me 69k to turn the car in . I'm not trying to make a profit on the sale, just looking to see if the price is in line for what they will be charging for breaking the lease. I will post photos and a proper for sale post later today when i have an opportunity to take fresh photos.