Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up to the Q2 2022 alumni ... we just took delivery of our second Y, a Q3 2023 model.

In midnight silver this time :) because SWMBO reckons I should have bought the grey first time around and only didn't do so because she claims I suffer from short-arms-deep-pocket syndrome. I still prefer the white...

Leased it through work's new salary sacrifice scheme (as it was bonkers cheap) and was expecting a complete and utter delivery disaster given it's my first lease car, and the rancid reviews of my salary sacrifice scheme operator and the ongoing incompetence of my employer's HR department.

However I placed the order last Wednesday and we picked up the new car from Tesla Staines yesterday morning; just over 1 week elapsed. Is that some kind of record ? I've never picked up a used vehicle in that timescale, let alone a new one. Every bit of customer service I had was timely, worked well, did what it claimed, and .... i promise i haven't drunk the kool-aid chaps; it really was that easy and pleasant. I'm somewhat stunned.

Car was perfectly prepared, absolutely flawless in every way so far, and I was utterly amazed to find that the vision based USS replacement works fine for getting the new vehicle into the garage at home, which is really all it's been used for so far.

Just a heads up to the Q2 2022 alumni ... we just took delivery of our second Y, a Q3 2023 model.

In midnight silver this time :) because SWMBO reckons I should have bought the grey first time around and only didn't do so because she claims I suffer from short-arms-deep-pocket syndrome. I still prefer the white...

Leased it through work's new salary sacrifice scheme (as it was bonkers cheap) and was expecting a complete and utter delivery disaster given it's my first lease car, and the rancid reviews of my salary sacrifice scheme operator and the ongoing incompetence of my employer's HR department.

However I placed the order last Wednesday and we picked up the new car from Tesla Staines yesterday morning; just over 1 week elapsed. Is that some kind of record ? I've never picked up a used vehicle in that timescale, let alone a new one. Every bit of customer service I had was timely, worked well, did what it claimed, and .... i promise i haven't drunk the kool-aid chaps; it really was that easy and pleasant. I'm somewhat stunned.

Car was perfectly prepared, absolutely flawless in every way so far, and I was utterly amazed to find that the vision based USS replacement works fine for getting the new vehicle into the garage at home, which is really all it's been used for so far.
Nice to start the day with good news!
Congrats on Y2. Perhaps, when you add the third Musketeer, you will join Team Red 🤔😊.

P.S. " Bonkers cheap"?

Don't want to create a whole new thread for this so said I'd ask in here! Apologies for the hijack but there doesn't seem to be new delivery threads created these days!

I've just picked up a new LR M3 yesterday, I originally had a late '21 RWD version (car was written off, reason for immediate replacement)

What's the story with the external sounds and how they've changed? Has anyone noticed this?

The locking beep
The rear boot beep

All sound high pitched and quiet as if they are coming from the pretty much useless external speaker these days. Is this the new way?

Nice to start the day with good news!
Congrats on Y2. Perhaps, when you add the third Musketeer, you will join Team Red 🤔😊.

P.S. " Bonkers cheap"?
SWMBO has already specified the next one will be Black/Black/Black, at which point I pointed out SWMBO should stop finding kerbs to reverse up before considering buying a car with black wheels. It all went dark after that…

“Bonkers cheap”, well I thought so. Model Y LR, Midnight Silver, Black interior, Geminis, AP, zero £ down, 3 year lease, 15k miles pa, incl maintenance, tyres, insurance at £544.12 per month, just add electrons.

I’m sure there will be cheaper out there somewhere but that seemed bonkers cheap to me!

SWMBO has already specified the next one will be Black/Black/Black, at which point I pointed out SWMBO should stop finding kerbs to reverse up before considering buying a car with black wheels. It all went dark after that…

“Bonkers cheap”, well I thought so. Model Y LR, Midnight Silver, Black interior, Geminis, AP, zero £ down, 3 year lease, 15k miles pa, incl maintenance, tyres, insurance at £544.12 per month, just add electrons.

I’m sure there will be cheaper out there somewhere but that seemed bonkers cheap to me!
Yep! Bonkers cheap.

Reactions: Utumno
Good morning Class of Q2/Q3 22,
I hope all is well in your worlds.

Help please: There is much discussion about a tyre inflator solution for the 16v Lithium battery but no straightforward solutions that I have found anyway.

Has anyone sourced a suitable cigar lighter powered pump?

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Good morning Class of Q2/Q3 22,
I hope all is well in your worlds.

Help please: There is much discussion about a tyre inflator solution for the 16v Lithium battery but no straightforward solutions that I have found anyway.

Has anyone sourced a suitable cigar lighter powered pump?

Thanks in advance and have a great day.
I use a regular, nothing special, Ring one using the usual ‘cigarette lighter’ socket in the arm rest (and I have the newer “low voltage” battery)

Regular Ring RTC1000 also working for me.
I have now ordered the Ring Cordless 6000.
My plug in Ring would not work on Sunday so I was obliged to use a BP air line😡however, I was able to pickup a few M&S bits😊 so not all bad.
My tyres had stayed at 42psi cold for months and then dropped to 39 all around. Must have been the drop in ambient temperature.
PS When asked at the M&S/BP checkout if I have any fuel today I always answer " No"
Despite the strong temptation to be a smart arse; it's not a good look, particularly for a minimum wage employee. I save my snappy repartee for those uninformed daft questions and misnomers about EVs in general and Teslas in particular. Even now, after all these years they still abound - bring it on!