Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will send you refurb bill if it's no use lol. Just bought a tin. My car was literally just out of the paint shop when it had a tiny wee dink. I used masking tape and sprayed with a black paint. When I peeled the masking tape off the glue had somehow reacted with the exisiting paint and took a bit more off. :mad:
Low tack Yellow Frog Tape perhaps.🤔 and maybe give the surface to be masked a wipe with rubbing alchohol.
I spayed our kitchen's framed units with aerosols - it's all in the prep🙂.
Good luck.

Thought it might be a good idea to create a thread for those of us lucky enough to collect shiny new Telsas in Q2 rather than spamming the UK 2022 Orders to Delivery General Discussion thread?

My first question is has anyone who has recently collected yet had a software update? I've had mine 10 days now and I'm still stuck on software from March. Anyone else?
I notice that this is the anniversary week
for the Class of Q2 2022.
How time flies; it seems, if not quite like yesterday, then certainly not like a year ( tomorrow) since SWMBO and I, after that " one more sleep to collection", clapped joyous eyes on Lizzie for the first time.

Today, after a modest and thankfully, largely uneventful 6,444 miles, that first-sight joy has not diminished but rather, by time and familiarity, has settled into that post- novelty ongoing satisfaction which I hope is replicated among m'Q2 mates.

Recently,whilst enjoying the hospitality of Tesla Cardiff ( so good to charge at a SC), we fell into conversation with a nice couple who had an iD4 on order but were belatedly checking out the Y. By the time we charged from 20% to 85%, they had cancelled the VW and ordered a Y for........"immediate delivery"! I know!
And yet, would I have missed that Class of Q2 experience with all its lively TMC banter and helpful information exchange for near instant gratification🤔...... it's a moot point.

Now then...... SWMBO, never one to over sentimentalise " cars" and usually impervious to my cost justification rantings e.g. " But it's not just a car!" was, and continues to be quite taken with Lizzie and hardly ever mentions the Beamer😉. I believe part of the fun for her, has been handling the, sometimes quite ridiculous, concerns raised by her misinformed friends regarding EVs in general and Tesla in particular. "Since when" she wonders " did my friends ever show such interest in a car- even their own.😃

So, one year in, how has it been for you Q2 ers? Of course, we know about Toblerone, we have commiserated and hope his Y will soon be relaunched.

So, one year in, how has it been for you Q2 ers?
I was thinking just how time fly's when you are having fun.😁

Yes a full year almost passed since I received my MYLR on 1st July 2022 and cannot praise it enough.

Only changes I have made is adding "Acceleration Boost" enhancing the 0 - 60 time (yes you can feel the difference) and changing the original 20" Induction wheels for a brand new set of 19" Gemini's for the reasons below.

The 20" Inductions look simply amazing and hold the road really well BUT!!!!! They are simply a kerb magnet choose how hard you try, they are the first to rub the kerb, not the tyre. Yes you can say keep away from the kerbs but in my line of work parking in the pitch black sometimes in strange cul-de-sacs dropping clients off it's hard to be perfect all the time before anyone criticizes.;)

Comfort is noticeably better with the 19" Gemini's and you certainly get at least an extra 10 miles range on a full charge, not always needed but it's there.

Spent £26 on a new set of wiper blades and can hand on heart say that is the only expense I have had on wear & tear in 12 months other than the new wheels & tyres when I did the swap.

Done a whole lot of mileage in my first year (as seen below 46,626) but in my line of business only to be expected. Can do from Harrogate to both Heathrow & Gatwick direct without stopping to charge which is a massive bonus over what my previous Model S achieved.

White interior is just as good as the day it arrived... Yes baby wipes do the job perfect.

No creaks or stupid rattles which tells me they are pretty well built choose who say's different.

One last change / improvement I did was paint my brake callipers red just two weeks ago. Not really needed but it works for me.:cool:

Hope everyone else is enjoying their car as much as I love mine.😘
Mileage.jpg

1.jpg

This picture was taken last week at Hartshead services while charging. Still looks awesome IMO..😍
Hartshead-charging.jpg

Yes a full year almost passed since I received my MYLR on 1st July 2022 and cannot praise it enough.

Only changes I have made is adding "Acceleration Boost" enhancing the 0 - 60 time (yes you can feel the difference) and changing the original 20" Induction wheels for a brand new set of 19" Gemini's for the reasons below.

The 20" Inductions look simply amazing and hold the road really well BUT!!!!! They are simply a kerb magnet choose how hard you try, they are the first to rub the kerb, not the tyre. Yes you can say keep away from the kerbs but in my line of work parking in the pitch black sometimes in strange cul-de-sacs dropping clients off it's hard to be perfect all the time before anyone criticizes.;)

Comfort is noticeably better with the 19" Gemini's and you certainly get at least an extra 10 miles range on a full charge, not always needed but it's there.

Spent £26 on a new set of wiper blades and can hand on heart say that is the only expense I have had on wear & tear in 12 months other than the new wheels & tyres when I did the swap.

Done a whole lot of mileage in my first year (as seen below 46,626) but in my line of business only to be expected. Can do from Harrogate to both Heathrow & Gatwick direct without stopping to charge which is a massive bonus over what my previous Model S achieved.

White interior is just as good as the day it arrived... Yes baby wipes do the job perfect.

No creaks or stupid rattles which tells me they are pretty well built choose who say's different.

One last change / improvement I did was paint my brake callipers red just two weeks ago. Not really needed but it works for me.:cool:

View attachment 951554

View attachment 951555

This picture was taken last week at Hartshead services while charging. Still looks awesome IMO..😍
View attachment 951557
Go Team Red Busterboy!
Awesome it is! And so is your mileage!
Love the naked Gems. Our Ys look almost identical now except for your spoiler.
Perhaps I ought to revisit the spoiler currently languishing in the loft, but as the pro's failed, I am loath to risk it.
All the best for your next 46,626 miles

PS I have yet to take the wipes to white; no need yet. The white seats are superb.

Last edited:
Reactions: busterboy
for the Class of Q2 2022.
How time flies; it seems, if not quite like yesterday, then certainly not like a year ( tomorrow) since SWMBO and I, after that " one more sleep to collection", clapped joyous eyes on Lizzie for the first time.

Today, after a modest and thankfully, largely uneventful 6,444 miles, that first-sight joy has not diminished but rather, by time and familiarity, has settled into that post- novelty ongoing satisfaction which I hope is replicated among m'Q2 mates.

Recently,whilst enjoying the hospitality of Tesla Cardiff ( so good to charge at a SC), we fell into conversation with a nice couple who had an iD4 on order but were belatedly checking out the Y. By the time we charged from 20% to 85%, they had cancelled the VW and ordered a Y for........"immediate delivery"! I know!
And yet, would I have missed that Class of Q2 experience with all its lively TMC banter and helpful information exchange for near instant gratification🤔...... it's a moot point.

Now then...... SWMBO, never one to over sentimentalise " cars" and usually impervious to my cost justification rantings e.g. " But it's not just a car!" was, and continues to be quite taken with Lizzie and hardly ever mentions the Beamer😉. I believe part of the fun for her, has been handling the, sometimes quite ridiculous, concerns raised by her misinformed friends regarding EVs in general and Tesla in particular. "Since when" she wonders " did my friends ever show such interest in a car- even their own.😃

So, one year in, how has it been for you Q2 ers? Of course, we know about Toblerone, we have commiserated and hope his Y will soon be relaunched.
17.8k on Barry in a year. Everything just as good as the day I collected, not a rattle, not a squeak, has been totally reliable and hugely pleasant to drive each and every day. Lots to like about the vehicle, and hardly anything "wrong" barring very rare niggles, which you get in any vehicle. Mrs U is now a complete convert, and we're likely to be replacing her 500e in another couple of months with another Y (Midnight Silver this time; Mrs U's choice of both colour and vehicle).

Come on Watty those are rookie numbers and you really need to pump them up.
Our Y is at 11687 miles and has been sat in accident repair for 2 months.
Hopefully we’ll have her back in a few weeks looking good as new…
😂I know Tobes; shameful mileage. Once was the time....... yawn yawn!
Jeez! Two months without your Y - Unbearable. So pleased to hear that she will soon be back on the launchpad.

Reactions: Toblerone
Come on Watty those are rookie numbers and you really need to pump them up.
Our Y is at 11687 miles and has been sat in accident repair for 2 months.
Hopefully we’ll have her back in a few weeks looking good as new…
I'll see your rookie 11687 and raise you 17.8k.

@busterboy trumps all though, obviously. We are not worthy. Though I was intrigued by:

in my line of work parking in the pitch black sometimes in strange cul-de-sacs dropping clients off

17.8k on Barry in a year. Everything just as good as the day I collected, not a rattle, not a squeak, has been totally reliable and hugely pleasant to drive each and every day. Lots to like about the vehicle, and hardly anything "wrong" barring very rare niggles, which you get in any vehicle. Mrs U is now a complete convert, and we're likely to be replacing her 500e in another couple of months with another Y (Midnight Silver this time; Mrs U's choice of both colour and vehicle).
Excellent!
It's a pity the Berlin colours are not available for RHD cars. Mrs U might like the lighter silver.
Anyway, congrats on soon becoming a two Y family.

View attachment 951554

View attachment 951555

View attachment 951557
P.S. A confession to the pitch black cul-de-sac cruiser: I have managed to scuff TWO of my Gems and I am hardly ever to be found in dark alleyways ( nowadays) 😱

I'll see your rookie 11687 and raise you 17.8k.

Pah! In 2015, when Superchargers were really REALLY sparse, I was doing over 30K a year (MS-P) ... electricity was cheap, envy of all of my mucky mates when I took then for a spin and launched it. Loved it. Supercar performance and huge cargo capacity; very glad to give up smelly fossil fuel forecourts

Had that serviced at 50K (end of some warranty bits) and didn't bother with anything after that until traded it in at 95K @ 3.5 years

we fell into conversation with a nice couple who had an iD4 on order but were belatedly checking out the Y. By the time we charged from 20% to 85%, they had cancelled the VW and ordered a Y for........"immediate delivery"! I know!

Thanks VW ... without Dieselgate I would have never known that EV could do 200+ miles back at that time

Reactions: Wattsisname
VaDA had her first birthday last Saturday and was rewarded with a good interior and exterior clean and polish. Still looks as good as she did on delivery, perhaps even better with her naked Gemini’s and Tessories lug nut and centre cap covers. Dr Sexy and I have done 18,500 miles in the year, all trouble free and in very varied conditions (road and weather). VaDA keeps Dr Sexy safe on her commute to school, my job is to make sure that using the Tesla app the seat and the steering wheel are warmed to her satisfaction before she leaves!

The premise for getting VaDA was the low running costs and I’ve spent a total of £550 on charging, £440 at home, £10 on public chargers and £100 on Tesla superchargers. That’s compared to around £3250 I would have had to spend on petrol for my previous Mercedes estate that VaDA’s replaced. Glad to say the economics have stacked up and I’m hooked on an electric car. Whether it will always be a Tesla, we’ll need to see when its time to say goodbye to VaDA (which won’t be anytime soon).

Happy and safe motoring everyone.

15k miles here, although I'm a Q1 2022 so an extra quarter than you lot (it's probably a calander year on Mars). My wife prefers it to everything we've had since a Z4 (she likes the higher driving position so gawd knows what she saw in the Z4). Early days were't so good, new drivers seat and roof squeaks they couldn't solve in the early montgs but as I ended up with a new glass roof from a stone chip, the squeaks largely disappeared. Since then relatively blissfree mileage and a slightly smug sense of satisfaction that mine has the best of the old (parking sensors, razen screen, new 12v battery thing and I believe even an unused radar) and not lost any of the later chanegs like USS.

The suspension is the only thing I think about, its not the best but I imagine I'll be one of those thats spends a grand ont he later version and not notice any difference so I'm stasying put;. When the tyres eventually give up I think some all season tyres which might help.

(parking sensors, razen screen, new 12v battery thing and I believe even an unused radar) and not lost any of the later chanegs like USS.

The suspension is the only thing I think about, its not the best but I imagine I'll be one of those thats spends a grand ont he later version and not notice any difference so I'm stasying put;. When the tyres eventually give up I think some all season tyres which might help.
What's a razen screen?

Been recently targeted for aftermarket air suspension for the MY (OnAir if I recall), around £3k. Expensive, but I agree the suspension is the part in the MY I like the least... too crashy... Not reassured about what messing with the suspension would do in terms of Tesla warranty & insurance though... so haven't bitten the bullet yet...

I'm technically an early Q3 after not making the cut for Q2 deliveries so my birthday's not for another two months, but I'v had 6000 very happy miles in the meantime!

Of course for us who ordered early 2022 and waited three to six very long months, it's hard to see that you can nowadays order most MYs for immediate delivery, and at a nice discount too, while we paid full price, but the joy of the rides taken in the past year are mostly making up for it...

Last edited:
VaDA had her first birthday last Saturday and was rewarded with a good interior and exterior clean and polish. Still looks as good as she did on delivery, perhaps even better with her naked Gemini’s and Tessories lug nut and centre cap covers. Dr Sexy and I have done 18,500 miles in the year, all trouble free and in very varied conditions (road and weather). VaDA keeps Dr Sexy safe on her commute to school, my job is to make sure that using the Tesla app the seat and the steering wheel are warmed to her satisfaction before she leaves!

The premise for getting VaDA was the low running costs and I’ve spent a total of £550 on charging, £440 at home, £10 on public chargers and £100 on Tesla superchargers. That’s compared to around £3250 I would have had to spend on petrol for my previous Mercedes estate that VaDA’s replaced. Glad to say the economics have stacked up and I’m hooked on an electric car. Whether it will always be a Tesla, we’ll need to see when its time to say goodbye to VaDA (which won’t be anytime soon).

Happy and safe motoring everyone.
You too.

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
11k miles for me. Was a year of ownership on the 25th. Absolutely love it still, best car I've ever owned by miles. My wife thinks the same. My daughter says she couldn't imagine life without a Tesla 😄.

White seats holding up very well and I find the interior is super easy to keep clean.

Only negatives I can think of are the wipers (have only starting troubling me recently but it can be very annoying).

Love all the updates and I have never owned a car that just keeps getting incrementally better after buying it.