Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what mileage have people racked up so far?

What is your average Wh/Mile?

I have done 904 miles in nearly 3 weeks of ownership. That is much higher than I'd normally do. I've clearly been finding excuses to go for a drive :oops:

I'm averaging 225 Wh/Mile which is really good, especially seeing as I've put the pedal to the metal 🤣 and have been heavy on the HVAC in the past week or so!
Excellent. 748 miles here, since 7th July which was the first day that drove I Lizzie; she went on a trailer straight from Staines for her spa break.

While parked at home, I have really been hammering the air con which comes on anyway when her cabin hits 40 deg. I like to keep her at about 25.
As I write, the ambient in her shaded spot is 37 deg.

I would always be worried that grit would be dragged across the paint, or do you only use after a wash?
I have only used the cover once and that was after a very through wash and dry. - not that she needed it - but use of the cover is a great excuse for a quick once over to avoid the issue of which you speak. The Tesla exterior cover is very good IMHO.

PS For balance, I washed SWMBO's Fiat before the sun was on it this morning. For a white car, she really gleams now.

…. And the wind blows, making the cover move around… clearly some people find them helpful but I would wary too.
No problem with wind (unless we are talking tornadoes) with a quality exterior cover when the car is parked on the drive and enjoying some shielding from shrubs or hedges. Of course the skinny ones blow around a bit if not tied down.

Also, for such a big cover for our big Ys, it's not too difficult to put on or remove. Folding it up is more of a challenge. I bundled it in the boot for now.

Last edited:
…. And the wind blows, making the cover move around… clearly some people find them helpful but I would wary too.
I would always be worried that grit would be dragged across the paint, or do you only use after a wash?
A P.S. to my previous response, we are close a couple of tall Limes from which come a regular shower of aphid nectar which dries hard on any nearby cars. Fortunately, this abates somewhat in these very high temperature which are "enjoying". So, if after washing, the car is not going to be driven, even for a few hours, it's worth putting the cover on.

• Informative
Reactions: Itidiot and Adopado
A P.S. to my previous response, we are close a couple of tall Limes from which come a regular shower of aphid nectar which dries hard on any nearby cars. Fortunately, this abates somewhat in these very high temperature which are "enjoying". So, if after washing, the car is not going to be driven, even for a few hours, it's worth putting the cover on.
Lime trees are the bane of every nearby car. I lived near them many years ago and couldn’t keep any vehicle clean for longer than a couple of hours.

Reactions: Wattsisname
VaDA is stuck on the 2022.20.6 download for a couple of days, connected to wifi but won’t progress the download any further - anyone any bright ideas?
Have you tried rebooting the infotainment while parked in a high WiFi strength area?

Other than that you may need to raise a service request to unblock a part download.

Great day, great car, superb air con what's not to like. Have a great drive.

Lizzie was washed and dried early before the sun hit full volume. I had to rid her of a coating of aphid honeydew from the tower block sized foreign limes that cause great irritation to our street's more fastidious car owners.....that would be me then....😚

She now rests resplendently cocooned in her Tesla brand car cover. I suppose the cover will require a wipe down before Lizzie emerges sleepy eyed but charged and ready to fly tomorrow morning early(is).

I drove BimX3 for the first time in a week this morning. Weird and a bit scary; When I took my foot of the gas, she seemed to accelerate:oops:.

I do love regeneration breaking.

Have a great afternoon, Popsy-Pair and all.
aphid honeydew advise please... We havent collected our new car yet, but hopefully a Q3 delivery. We currently have a few hardened layers of aphid honeydew on our current car that the wasps love and I cannot be bothered to remove. Do you find it is easy to remove or should I be asking the council if I can chop off the overhanging branches of the tree?

Oh - another question for you lucky Q2 owners: Approximately, how many days notice were you given before you were contacted by Tesla with a confimed delivery date?

Mine was stuck yesterday even after a reboot. Connected to wifi this morning and completed download with no issues, installing no
Have you tried rebooting the infotainment while parked in a high WiFi strength area?

Other than that you may need to raise a service request to unblock a part download.
It’s now showing as up-to-date at 2022.20.5 but still has green download arrow on screen and showing as trying to download .06 in the app. She is going to the service centre next week for another issue so I’ll get her checked then if it’s not cleared.

Reactions: Brian G