Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was one of the two things that really stuck out for me during the test drive. The turning circle and the rear visibility (I was already used to one-pedal driving from numerous other test drives in the Model 3). I was watching a delivery video on YouTube of an Australian MY RWD, it appeared to me at least that the turning lock was much more than what it is in the MYLR. The lack of front motor probably has something with it (and this is just my untrained eye speaking).

How is it to live with day to day? Get used to it?
Actually, not a big problem; I have driven cars without power steering....now that's a fun 3 point turn ....NOT!

Just probably best not to attempt U turns on a two way with a concrete truck bearing down on you.

Thieves who stole stole a Tesla (how?) tried this ... the police arrested two hardened criminals....boom! boom! *.

* With thanks to Tony Blackburn's other listener.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuanTim
This was one of the two things that really stuck out for me during the test drive. The turning circle and the rear visibility (I was already used to one-pedal driving from numerous other test drives in the Model 3). I was watching a delivery video on YouTube of an Australian MY RWD, it appeared to me at least that the turning lock was much more than what it is in the MYLR. The lack of front motor probably has something with it (and this is just my untrained eye speaking).

Not without minor quirks....but enough of SWMBO.

The turning circle has not, in my limited experience thus far, been much of a problem.

You will be too busy loving everything else to be bothered.... at least until your first three pointer 😂

Those in the UK, how are you finding parking with the one pedal settings set to hold? Is it harder given our parking bays aren't very big? I'd be OK with hold most of the time, but for parking, I think I might prefer creep
I take your point; I have mostly parked perpendicularly or horizontally where there has been oodles of space. I am not looking forward to tight spots.

We had the X3 for only three days when a child was allowed to run ahead and open their door.... just wide enough to dent ours.

If you can believe it, the mother's nanny who was with her and received a right royal boll..ing for not keeping little Rupert under control. So, Sainsbury's is no longer in Vogue for me; the roof of the Waitrose Southside elevated carpark for Lizzie.

Now then SWMBO says..."Ah ha! Now I understand why you want to go shopping in the 500! It's those tight turns on the ramps."

Not without minor quirks....but enough of SWMBO.

The turning circle has not, in my limited experience thus far, been much of a problem.

You will be too busy loving everything else to be bothered.... at least until your first three pointer 😂
Haha thanks and agree, there'll be too much to love about this car for me to worry too much about the turning circle. Though, I do have a fairly tight turn into the parking garage and then into my parking space, so we'll see whether I can end up doing both those turns in one go like I can now :D

Another questions for those who might have it. The Acceleration Boost 🚙💨 I noticed the first Zero to, say 15-20 miles was a bit... languid in comparison to the M3LR, does the AB help with this? (here I am already dreaming about pulling up to red lights and getting max power from the go already 🤣, gosh I need a life...).

Reactions: Wattsisname
...... so we'll see whether I can end up doing both those turns in one go like I can now :D

Another questions for those who might have it. The Acceleration Boost 🚙💨 I noticed the first Zero to, say 15-20 miles was a bit... languid in comparison to the M3LR, does the AB help with this? (here I am already dreaming about pulling up to red lights and getting max power from the go already 🤣, gosh I need a life...).
I would't count on a fluid turn, at least not the first time.

Now then... I have created an award, "The Tess" for the best use of an adjective on this forum since I joined in January.
Open the envelope ....And the Tess goes to....... QuanTim for "LANGUID". A description of the Model Y's Zero to 15/20 mph!

We can expect more great things from this young talent when he actually has the car! May that be soon as....
😇

• Funny
Reactions: QuanTim
SSD to replace the OEM provided stick. I bought a Samsung T7 SSD and then, after the event, (surprise surprise says SWMBO) I have discovered a thread here devoted to members' frustration and eventual dismal of an SSD solution.

Any of the 2022 Class of Q2 tried using an SSD? Your feedback would be appreciated. I'm leaving well enough alone for now.

Had a lovely drive over the Kirkstone Pass to Ambleside in VaDA. What a joy with one pedal driving negotiating the tight turns, steep ascents and descents, cyclists ascending and descending, camper vans etc - all much easier than in a manual ICE. She is quite wide though, several squeaky bum moments with vans and camper vans 😳

It’s the sole criticism I have of the entire car. Once the muscle memory is retrained it’s fine.

You may look a total spoon (as I did) doing what should have been a 3 point turn in a UK-sized side road. 3 points turned to 5, entirely because of the crummy turning circle….

SSD to replace the OEM provided stick. I bought a Samsung T7 SSD and then, after the event, (surprise surprise says SWMBO) I have discovered a thread here devoted to members' frustration and eventual dismal of an SSD solution.

Any of the 2022 Class of Q2 tried using an SSD? Your feedback would be appreciated. I'm leaving well enough alone for now.
Use a high speed/capacity MicroSD card and USB adapter instead. It won’t have the raw capacity, but it works reliably.

Reactions: Wattsisname
It’s the sole criticism I have of the entire car. Once the muscle memory is retrained it’s fine.

You may look a total spoon (as I did) doing what should have been a 3 point turn in a UK-sized side road. 3 points turned to 5, entirely because of the crummy turning circle….
Quite agree. But once we venture further than down to the end of the road and back up to the other end and repeat and repeat .....we won't need to make so many three, I mean five point turns.:)

Had a lovely drive over the Kirkstone Pass to Ambleside in VaDA. What a joy with one pedal driving negotiating the tight turns, steep ascents and descents, cyclists ascending and descending, camper vans etc - all much easier than in a manual ICE. She is quite wide though, several squeaky bum moments with vans and camper vans 😳

If you've got the time and the knackers - go over Hard Knott & Wrynose passes too - much more of a challenge and the views are amazing in this weather 👍

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
When you drive a land rover defender the turning circle of the QE2 is small😂
Good point; it's all relative in an experience to date sense. However, a cars turning cirle is an absolute number and not one that reviewers major on. Also, how much time and effort is expended on the extra point in a four point turn? However, I dread the satnav's demand for a Uturn at the next junction😱