Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the TiT Jiggle had been invented a week ago then might have been able to comment. Alas the Dr is back at school tomorrow and will be well upholstered so that naughty Scottish teenage boys won’t drool. Alas I have to hand over VaDA to her care for her commute - I’m a little nervous to say the least!
Is the root of your nervousness perhaps a fear that, she, the Dr and VaDA may head for hills with a strapping teenager leaving you to haunt SCs around the country in the hope of a sighting? ......or are you afraid that she might prang VaDA.......I know which would weigh heavily on my mind until tea time tomorrow.

Oh yes, and thank you for putting the image of the Dr's upholstery in my head.

Now then is there a connection between VaDA and Vado Via? If so, that would bring Drupi into the equation.......

Is the root of your nervousness perhaps a fear that, she, the Dr and VaDA may head for hills with a strapping teenager leaving you to haunt SCs around the country in the hope of a sighting? ......or are you afraid that she might prang VaDA.......I know which would weigh heavily on my mind until tea time tomorrow.

Oh yes, and thank you for putting the image of the Dr's upholstery in my head.

Now then is there a connection between VaDA and Vado Via? If so, that would bring Drupi into the equation.......
The concern is that the Dr may prang VaDA, or that her bodywork may be blemished in a public car park, that’s VaDA’s bodywork not the Dr’s!

Just to let you know that Lizzie emerged from her weekend hibernation in fine fettle.

Attachments

• 0895E2AE-4C57-425F-91EC-534CD071C769.jpeg
    0895E2AE-4C57-425F-91EC-534CD071C769.jpeg
    758.4 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Kingpopsy and MrT3
VaDA has a visit to the SC tomorrow for a few days to remove some delivery blemishes. Seems I have a 71 plate M3P as a loaner for a few days. Not knowing much about M3 or the P and given the recent discussions on suspension etc is there anything I should be looking out for that would be helpful for us newbie MY users?

VaDA has a visit to the SC tomorrow for a few days to remove some delivery blemishes. Seems I have a 71 plate M3P as a loaner for a few days. Not knowing much about M3 or the P and given the recent discussions on suspension etc is there anything I should be looking out for that would be helpful for us newbie MY users?

Just enjoy it. We had one for an hour. Like a Y but smaller😀

Another update.

So, was up in Northumberland over the last week and was supercharging at Belford supercharger. There was a Tesla mobile service car there and a very helpful chap came over and offered to top up the screenwash and check the tyre pressures + tread depths. All fine, and great experience!

Today though - very very stressed and worried. Tried to set off on a 200 mile journey - and thought the car wasn't going to move at all initially. It eventually came up with a warning "DI_a138" Power reduced, OK to drive. Front motor temporarily disabled. I worriedly proceeded to drive the long journey, and it did behave itself - albeit with a noticeably reduced power (I think it was slightly less efficient as well, but maybe not). I've tried rebooting the screen, done the whole power down thing on the phone with a Tesla assistant, gone to a supercharger in case that nudged something into action, but so far no dice. Every time I try to drive there's a 20 second long delay before the same warning appears again.

Just 2.2k miles into owning it, and I seem to have broken my new toy :(

More concerning is the impact on my future travel plans over the next week or so.

I've never looked at GAP previously so unsure of the meaning of this, I would guess to have the perceived value to list price covered you need to purchase cover within a time frame?
Yes, it's to cover the difference between what the insurance will pay and the difference to replace your car if a right off. You have 60-90 days from when buying your car to take it out.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Well, I've been on the phone to ALA, the policy I was going to get, which is vehicle replacement plus, this takes into account any price increases on the model you have(in our case £3k price rise). But, you can only take that offer, in the first 60 days and less than 1500 miles on the car! Bugger, I've done 2000. So I can still get it, but it will now cost £300 more 😭. There are other options, but they will only give you the market value of the car, including finance, not a new car.

Well, I've been on the phone to ALA, the policy I was going to get, which is vehicle replacement plus, this takes into account any price increases on the model you have(in our case £3k price rise). But, you can only take that offer, in the first 60 days and less than 1500 miles on the car! Bugger, I've done 2000. So I can still get it, but it will now cost £300 more 😭. There are other options, but they will only give you the market value of the car, including finance, not a new car.
£175pa doesn't seem too bad for the privilege 🤔

Reactions: Kingpopsy
Try directgap.co.uk as well. Buy within 180 days of purchase and no mileage restrictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingpopsy