Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly right Maj; on the future replacement cost issue which will also driven up by inflation.

The writ of Sod's Law hangs like a mixed metaphored Sword of Damocles over the uninsured. So, the best way to avoid a write-off is to insure against it.
I would have gone for the alloy cover (mine are in the shed:)) but it was, I thought, a bit pricy.

Perhaps this is a good time for a confession, I have a small knick on the rear nearside naked Gemini :eek:.

I tried to sell the responsibility for it to SWMBO but, unsurprisingly, she wasn't buying: the driver is captain and if he chooses to accept the co-pilots (unsolicited) advice (against his better judgement) on matters of parking, he has no body to blame.....etc etc etFingcetera.

Re: Love for Lizzie. As a colleague used to say, back in the day in Australia, to express his love, enjoyment and value derived from a possession : "I'm totally wrapped"

I suppose it is a contraction of "enraptured" which I am....totally.
Oh no, bad news on the rim. I've managed to dodge Kerbs so far. Parking at least a foot from any kerb seems to avoid the obvious lol. Even the Queen is ultra careful.

Reactions: Wattsisname
So, for those of us who collected their new toy on the 29th and 30th June, the window to buy gap insurance is closing fast. Just saying 😏
To mention, when I moved to Churchill's Comprehensive Plus insurance (in order to get driving abroad cover) it makes the new car replacement insurance last 2 years rather than 1. For me it cost about £50 more, and I'm not likely to keep the car much longer than 2 years.

@busterboy that spoiler looks excellent, as do the red caliper covers. Quick question about the USB data connector if I may: Is it a straightforward plug and play or does it require any enabling by Tesla service so the car recognises it and it fully functions?
@KennethS

Another 5 minute upgrade should you wish to do it.

Make sure you order the correct module because if you order the wrong one it won't work, One for the Intel Atom and one for the AMD Ryzen which is the one you need for a 2022 car.👍

A very quick and easy instalment as seen in this video.:)

No need for any Tesla support, it works straight away.:)

@KennethS

Make sure you order the correct module because if you order the wrong one it won't work, One for the Intel Atom and one for the AMD Ryzen which is the one you need for a 2022 car.👍

You are a star! I have ordered one (the AMD Ryzen version). Thanks so much!

Edit: I suspect, for me, it will be more like a 30-45 minute install but it does look fairly idiot-proof (important in my case).

@KennethS

Absolutely love the functionality, but on the principle not a fan of having to buy £50 accessories to add back features that were previously built in but Tesla was too cheap to maintain (so called parts shortages)…

Absolutely love the functionality, but on the principle not a fan of having to buy £50 accessories to add back features that were previously built in but Tesla was too cheap to maintain (so called parts shortages)…
Cannot agree more..... :confused:

Unfortunately the situation is they are not supplying that particular part in the new cars now so it's either buy your own or do without.;)

Tesla app now has a Tesla branded tire repair kit if anyone is looking for one. And Gemini wheel caps also now back in stock. Looks like they have geared up the accessories stock for the Q3 newbies!
Too late for me. I will stick with these. I also bought the hub covers with a black T... during my Q2 pre-graduation buying binge :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1057.JPG
    IMG_1057.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
To mention, when I moved to Churchill's Comprehensive Plus insurance (in order to get driving abroad cover) it makes the new car replacement insurance last 2 years rather than 1. For me it cost about £50 more, and I'm not likely to keep the car much longer than 2 years.
That is excellent; a guaranteed new car up to two years. As you are not intending to keep the car much beyond the two years, it's a perfect fit for that worst case scenario.

VaDA is back from the Glasgow SC and now blemish free. Updated software to 2022.24.5 today at home and repositioning of blind spot camera is a good update. Glad to have my Y rather than the M3P loaner 😊

Awesome :) Glad to hear it's all sorted and you've got your own car back!

I'm hoping for a similar thing to happen - my MYLR is currently in the SC in Manchester being diagnosed with a low power problem. Been there for over a week now. The silver lining has been the P100DL model S I was given as a loaner. At first I didn't really like driving it - too low down and didn't feel as connected to the road as the MY. It's grown on me though ;) As has the free supercharging!

One thing that has amazed me is the difference in efficiency. When driving the MYLR I was getting about 270Wh per mile. The Model S gets about 350Wh per mile. I know it's a much faster car, but the MY has a much bigger front area. I think it shows just how much has improved since 2017 to 2022!

Charging speeds also a fair improvement between the two cars as well. The MS isn't exactly slow at charging though either.

Awesome :) Glad to hear it's all sorted and you've got your own car back!

I'm hoping for a similar thing to happen - my MYLR is currently in the SC in Manchester being diagnosed with a low power problem. Been there for over a week now. The silver lining has been the P100DL model S I was given as a loaner. At first I didn't really like driving it - too low down and didn't feel as connected to the road as the MY. It's grown on me though ;) As has the free supercharging!

One thing that has amazed me is the difference in efficiency. When driving the MYLR I was getting about 270Wh per mile. The Model S gets about 350Wh per mile. I know it's a much faster car, but the MY has a much bigger front area. I think it shows just how much has improved since 2017 to 2022!

Charging speeds also a fair improvement between the two cars as well. The MS isn't exactly slow at charging though either.
The 70 plate M3P loaner I had was about 300Wh per mile compared to 265Wh for my Y. Only charged it on slow chargers so 30mph just like the Y. Hope they sort out your car soon 😀

Hi all apologies for gatecrashing your thread but us Q3 disciples have a lot to learn from you! In terms of settling the final invoice, I have received it today, and it states that I have 3 days to settle the invoice.

There is no way I can pull the funds together in 3 days, and collection isn't until 27 Sept anyway!

I am assuming they will just chase me for payment rather than just cancel my order?! What were your experiences? Thanks!

Hi all apologies for gatecrashing your thread but us Q3 disciples have a lot to learn from you! In terms of settling the final invoice, I have received it today, and it states that I have 3 days to settle the invoice.

There is no way I can pull the funds together in 3 days, and collection isn't until 27 Sept anyway!

I am assuming they will just chase me for payment rather than just cancel my order?! What were your experiences? Thanks!
Ensure cleared funds are transferred AT LEAST 7 days before collection. Personally I paid 14 days in advance of collection.

Most send a test amount to the account details to make sure the transfer works and the account is updating - I sent £10 and saved the payee. The account balance updates in a few hours on Tesla’s website.

If you’re worried about “losing” the car, don’t be.

You can send in as many transactions as you like and be aware most banks limit the daily amount you can transfer using Online banking, so if you are paying £50k in cash, you’ll need to remember to break that down into 5 days of £10k a day, depending on your own transfer limits obviously.

Hi All, Hope you are all enjoying your cars. I got delivery of our on Saturday and i am looking for every excuse to drive it :)
Quick question, did anyone of you set up a GAP insurance and if so wih whom? We are in the UK and i got a qoute from ALA for £178 for 3 years for lease cover GAP.
TIA

Hi All, Hope you are all enjoying your cars. I got delivery of our on Saturday and i am looking for every excuse to drive it :)
Quick question, did anyone of you set up a GAP insurance and if so wih whom? We are in the UK and i got a qoute from ALA for £178 for 3 years for lease cover GAP.
TIA
We also went with ALA and took the 4-year "Vehicle Replacement Plus GAP" policy. Cost was £352.50.

[Awaiting comments telling me that we were bamboozled....]

Reactions: Wattsisname