Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Sold out already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So seeing that Q2 is sold out already, and that there might be a rebate coming back for taxes later this year....I think it would be fiscally responsible for them to price back up to original price of $52,990. It will help the company, especially now they might be losing Carbon credit sales. If they invoke a 7k or 10k tax rebate i could even see them raising to 55k or higher easily. They just need to work on Quality control in production , its better, but definitely not there yet.

So seeing that Q2 is sold out already, and that there might be a rebate coming back for taxes later this year....I think it would be fiscally responsible for them to price back up to original price of $52,990. It will help the company, especially now they might be losing Carbon credit sales. If they invoke a 7k or 10k tax rebate i could even see them raising to 55k or higher easily. They just need to work on Quality control in production , its better, but definitely not there yet.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on HR848.
govtrack rates it at only 11% as having a chance of being enacted.. Initially I was thinking of waiting for HR848 to order my Y but it seemed unlikely that they will even bring it up for a vote, I ordered the Y on April 13.. I can easily afford it regardless of the tax credit, even though free $7k would have been nice..

I wouldn't get my hopes up on HR848.
govtrack rates it at only 11% as having a chance of being enacted.. Initially I was thinking of waiting for HR848 to order my Y but it seemed unlikely that they will even bring it up for a vote, I ordered the Y on April 13.. I can easily afford it regardless of the tax credit, even though free $7k would have been nice..

I already got my Y. Just thinking for Tesla as a company to be profitable etc.

I already got my Y. Just thinking for Tesla as a company to be profitable etc.
They could raise prices anyways, regardless of the tax credit.. They are selling out right now and they would still sell out if the car was $3k - $5k more..
I don't think that they count on the tax credit as it seems unlikely to pass. I would almost bet on it that it won't pass and I could explain why but I would have to get into politics and this venue is probably not the best place to discuss politics..

Did I miss something? Where did we get that Q2 was sold out? Lead time on the Tesla sales site still lists 6-8 weeks which puts it smack dab at the end of Q2 (Q2 sales rush).

So glad I put in my order last night. I already got bit in the ass on three price hikes by refusing to put the measly $100 down. My SA said he can hold my order and not match with a VIN if I don't need the car until August or September. With Q2 being sold out that shouldn't be a problem now.

Reactions: whisperingshad
So glad I put in my order last night. I already got bit in the ass on three price hikes by refusing to put the measly $100 down. My SA said he can hold my order and not match with a VIN if I don't need the car until August or September. With Q2 being sold out that shouldn't be a problem now.
Wish i had done that when it dropped to 48990, was waiting on grant that ran out of money...paid 49990.

Right now, Ford.com shows delivery times for the Premium Mach-E (what I consider to be the only real MY competitor) as 24+ weeks. And current dealers (at least near me) are ALL charging "Market Adjustment" above MSRP. Even with the lack of tax incentive for Tesla buyers, I don't see this as a bad thing - if Tesla had more orders they could fill through additional factories, I just don't see their delivery chain strong enough yet to handle that additional strain.

Right now, Ford.com shows delivery times for the Premium Mach-E (what I consider to be the only real MY competitor) as 24+ weeks. And current dealers (at least near me) are ALL charging "Market Adjustment" above MSRP. Even with the lack of tax incentive for Tesla buyers, I don't see this as a bad thing - if Tesla had more orders they could fill through additional factories, I just don't see their delivery chain strong enough yet to handle that additional strain.
I see Mach E's on a regular basis and I only live in a town of about 100k people in Central Florida... They seem to sell very good.. Local Ford dealer does not mark them up (at least not when I last checked the prices)..

Reactions: whisperingshad
Why wait 24+ weeks when they are in stock at the dealer?

1620343211565.png