Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Q2 Sold out already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already priced in to existing stock too:
1620346927664.png

Right now, Ford.com shows delivery times for the Premium Mach-E (what I consider to be the only real MY competitor) as 24+ weeks. And current dealers (at least near me) are ALL charging "Market Adjustment" above MSRP. Even with the lack of tax incentive for Tesla buyers, I don't see this as a bad thing - if Tesla had more orders they could fill through additional factories, I just don't see their delivery chain strong enough yet to handle that additional strain.
All normal dealers do this regardless. Selling above MSRP should be illegal for a dealer.

Darn it we’re literally just discussing about whether if we should pull the trigger. We took a test drive on 4/21 and the price went up the next day. Now it’s gone up $1000 since my test drive just 2 weeks ago. 😡
Lol, you are me, except I test drove it before the price hike in early April. I ended up placing an order after the two $500 hikes, so I got "insulated" from this latest one. Waiting to see if tax credits/rebate happen and will keep the order on hold in the meanwhile. If that doesn't happen, I may just wait another year or so. I get that demand and material costs are high right now but there is a lot of competition and extra production capacity just around the corner (leaving aside potentially newer tech). All of these should bring prices back down over the next 1-2 years.