Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 2013 results - projections and expectations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Kraftfahrtbundesamt in Germany (KBA), 532 EV were registered in September. That is a plus of 197,2% opposite August. ( source: KBA Fahrzeugzulassungen ).
Sadly they don`t distinguish Teslas in this file:( http://www.kba.de/cln_031/nn_129581.../pm_28_13_fahrzeugzulassungen_09_2013_pdf.pdf ). Teslas would fall into the bottom category of "Sonstige" (others). 982 "others" were registered in September. I guess some of the 532 EV should be Prius and Leaf. Perhaps I will call the KBA on monday to ask about the number of Model S registered.

Ok, guys. I just called the Kraftfahrtbundesamt and the number of Tesla Model S registered in Germany in September 2013 was......drumroll......
42. I should have known :). The number is always 42. Plus 1 Roadster btw :). Go figure. It has begun. Can´t express how eager I am
to see one on the road...

Maybe we should create a google doc summarizing those registrations. And would the US various states that get most MS deliveries also disclose that information if someone called them? We could get a pretty precise picture of cars delivered in Q3 with the unknown remaining the cars in transit and various exotic locations that aren't polled.

I've started with it here, feel free to add details that you know and also add the Comments where you got the facts.

Google Docs - Online documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, file storage and more

I'll now scroll back on the thread a bit to try to fill as much as I can, but feel free to jump in any time :)

Here are my 2 cents: The configurations of 229 Tesla Model S in Norway, from the local Tesla Forum. I think it is interesting to see that more than half of the cars are performance.
Tesla configurationcars:%
60kw125 %
S8510044 %
P856328 %
P85+5424 %
Total cars229100 %
21" 7834 %
19" 15066 %
Tech 22197 %
Sunroof 20389 %
Sound 22197 %
Lights 17677 %
Winter 14764 %
Security 11852 %
Twincharger13258 %
Parking21694 %
Seats in trunk 5725 %
Trunk cover 18681 %
Air suspension 20690 %

I don't know who the joker is who keeps adding mars and 25 cars... Anyway it would be great if someone had the free time to go over the EU deliveries thread and look at the minimum how many people from various countries that do not list the full registration data have taken deliveries. I know of at least 2 swedish cars that are delivered and I know there has been one in Corsica and an event in France for first deliveries. But don't know the numbers. Anyone in US got time to call the DMVs in various states to inquire the number of registrations in Q3?

I guess the market as a whole is expecting a beat of delivery volumes and increased demand. But isn't the magic number for a blowout quarter, that can have the stock rallying, if they can present growing/better than expected gross margins?

Status
Not open for further replies.