Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quad Motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quad motor would be nice, but Rivian owners have regret with quad motors as it not reaponsive as the dual motor system.
That's hysterical! No such issues with my quad motor. Gotta love how folks here try to rationalize that Telsa decisions are always superior to everyone else's. FACTS are that Rivian offers both a QUAD and dual motor option, with built in large and MAX packs on both. Dual was offered as it is a less costly to produce. It's called the "Enduro". It is an in house design. The Rivian QUAD currently uses Bosch motors (expensive). In time, I bet Rivian offers an in house Quad using the Enduro motor (that's an opinion, BTW). To suggest a CT tri motor is better than a dedicated motor for each wheel is truly amazing. I have a "tri-motor in my Plaid, and the front single motor (with differential) vibrates like a MoFo (a widely reported and well known fact). I bet if Tesla offered a QUAD, it would be "all the rage" here for some... Since they do not, we will instead choose to rationalize why QUAD setups are inferior to the Tesla dual and tri setup; got it! 🤣

That's hysterical! No such issues with my quad motor. Gotta love how folks here try to rationalize that Telsa decisions are always superior to everyone else's. FACTS are that Rivian offers both a QUAD and dual motor option, with built in large and MAX packs on both. Dual was offered as it is a less costly to produce. It's called the "Enduro". It is an in house design. The Rivian QUAD currently uses Bosch motors (expensive). In time, I bet Rivian offers an in house Quad using the Enduro motor (that's an opinion, BTW). To suggest a CT tri motor is better than a dedicated motor for each wheel is truly amazing. I have a "tri-motor in my Plaid, and the front single motor (with differential) vibrates like a MoFo (a widely reported and well known fact). I bet if Tesla offered a QUAD, it would be "all the rage" here for some... Since they do not, we will instead choose to rationalize why QUAD setups are inferior to the Tesla dual and tri setup; got it! 🤣
Out of soec reviews , the guy mentioned over heating of the motors uNder the quad set up for Rivian is the reason I’m mentioning. Independent motors are taking longer to recognize if the vehicle is imbalanced on a hilly terrain. It would be awesome if the quad system would work totally independently and on the fly versus waiting to calculate which wheel if off the ground and shift the torque to the wheel on the ground.

Out of soec reviews , the guy mentioned over heating of the motors uNder the quad set up for Rivian is the reason I’m mentioning. Independent motors are taking longer to recognize if the vehicle is imbalanced on a hilly terrain. It would be awesome if the quad system would work totally independently and on the fly versus waiting to calculate which wheel if off the ground and shift the torque to the wheel on the ground.
Haven't heard of this, and if true (wide spread and not isolated), this should be easily solved with an SW update... Kinda like Tesla trying to fix FSD hesitations (and there are a lot)....

Consider the possibility that the "Out of Spec" guy could be a biased shill, or that he has an issue with his specific truck, or he is not happy with his Rivian because it had issues, being an early vin, etc. All manufactures have shills (paid and/or voluntary) out planting negative information about the competition. In today's world, you really can't believe anything you see on the internet! 🤣

All I can say, owning one, is that neither myself or our local R1T/S gathering group have reported anything like this - and that group of local people is 50+. Now, I will say, in the early days, the suspension was "rough" on the R1S as Rivian used the same setup and software from the R1T (a mistake, given different geometry). Many complaints. Boom, later fixed with a software update.

This is a Tesla forum, and we are in the Tesla Cybertruck subforum.

Tesla has not offered a quad-motor Cybertruck. Following the recent delivery event, the coming of a quad-motor version is not even projected by Tesla or the most-reliable car/truck sources. Despite the OP who started this thread in 2021 speculating on quad-motor being "the option" that would be used for early deliveries, in part based on another Muskian "wild idea" that he tweeted out, this never happened.

Let's cut the Rivian-specific deep-dive discussion on TMC Cybertruck forum,
... and just accept that as of late-2023 there is no quad-motor version of the Tesla Cybertruck, at least as of late 2023, and none is projected.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc