Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality Issues WOF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my last WOF a year ago cost me two new tires and a load of work done on the suspension which was under warranty. Tires of course are a normal cost, at the time I queried why there is so much suspension issues considering I had work carried out under warranty two years ago correcting multiple suspension issues and was told it was a known issue and was now fixed due to the work done. Fast fwd to my WOF this week and again it has multiple suspension issues with bot Front and Rear suspension play out of limits, cracked bushes etc. Of course my Warranty ran out last month but TESLA have said they will carry out the repairs for free out of good faith due to Warranty only having just run out otherwise would have cost me a couple of grand. This can’t be normal for a 4 year old car to constantly have suspension issues and it concerns me about the ongoing costs? Is the Model 3 a lemon that is going to cost owners a bomb every WOF?

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
Eeek. Having had suspension work at the first WoF (3 year) the 4 year WoF was a nervous time, but all was ok. (I went slightly early to make sure it was still under warranty!). That said I'm sure I'll be a bit nervous again next year.

The parts themselves have, iirc, a 12 month warranty. So I guess you've got that for next year. Maybe worth doing that 5 year WoF a week early to be inside that?

2019 vintage
I had suspension work
Required for wof covered under warranty
My last WoF while still under warranty passed no issues, except for needing new tyres

I also had tesla check the car over before warranty ended, no issues found

So my last WOF a year ago cost me two new tires and a load of work done on the suspension which was under warranty. Tires of course are a normal cost, at the time I queried why there is so much suspension issues considering I had work carried out under warranty two years ago correcting multiple suspension issues and was told it was a known issue and was now fixed due to the work done. Fast fwd to my WOF this week and again it has multiple suspension issues with bot Front and Rear suspension play out of limits, cracked bushes etc. Of course my Warranty ran out last month but TESLA have said they will carry out the repairs for free out of good faith due to Warranty only having just run out otherwise would have cost me a couple of grand. This can’t be normal for a 4 year old car to constantly have suspension issues and it concerns me about the ongoing costs? Is the Model 3 a lemon that is going to cost owners a bomb every WOF?
probably as Tesla made many significant changes to suspension over 4 years... more so over last 2 years... and still trying to get it right with few additional changes introduced with M3 Highlander next year...
Typical issues when parts not tested adequately before putting into production... not so ideal user experience or safety aspect... probably they need to include suspension same as battery (8 years) warranty so they can keep on having quality issues without affecting users.

Mine is about to go in for its second WoF after having a lot of suspension work done on its first WoF last year. I'm hoping it's smoother sailing this time around.

If the parts that were replaced last year are now having issues again this year then that should be covered under the warranty for those replacement parts even if the main vehicle warranty has expired.

• Informative
Googling "Model 3 suspension" turns up a manufacturing defect in 2019 - 2021 vehicles.
This was subject to a recall.
I received no such notification.
If you have had issues with abnormal front tyre wear, or front suspension issues, let us see it here.

Recall.jpg

• Informative