Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my Tesla but I dont understand why people defend Tesla when they (Tesla) are clearly wrong. I don’t want a repainted car, I want the NEW car I purchased, I didn’t but a CPO car. The paint on Tesla’s is one of the worst I have ever seen. I have a white model 3 and I have to take it in to get he bumpers redone. I’m already worried about the “techs” at the body shop getting overspray everywhere, not properly prepping because they are in a hurry, etc. So many things can go wrong. The only way to properly repaint a car like factory is to completely disassemble the area being painted, not taping off trim, only custom paint jobs at professional shops do this, doubt tesla will use one.

I do understand the some people just don’t understand this, don’t notice the issues, and don’t mind they paid so much for sub par deliveries.

This is why I placed a deposit on a R1S for my wife’s next car instead of a Tesla. Still love my model 3 and going to keep it for a long time since I expected these issues before I purchased it, didn’t realize how bad dealing with tesla and service would be though.

Please excuse any typos on my mobile.
I 100% agree with you. The cars are great but these little things drive me nuts. I love my Model S but Tesla needs way better quality control.
You pay an extra 2500 for that paint it better be good. Because you can use that to wrap or dip that car and it may not be permanent but it would look better.

Seeking perfection in anything human is a recipe for misery. Got my M3P+ this past Friday. I love it. The purchase and delivery process were awesome and everyone that I have dealt with at Tesla have gone out of their way to make the experience a good one. No, the steering wheel is not perfectly centered (and should be!) and there was a dust nib in my paint and one piece of molding doesn't line up perfectly...and I am sure that I will discover any other number of other "imperfections" over the coming months and years...BUT and it is a MASSIVE BUT...this is the most amazing car I have ever driven (and I have driven some wonderful cars) and I believe that Tesla will stand behind me if anything truly important needs attention. Choosing to let the little things ruin the overall wonderous experience that these cars are? That's a personal choice that each of us gets to make. Life's a lot more fun when you let the little things slide...at least IMHO. Enjoy flooring it the next time you pull out on the highway and forget about the less than perfect paint...two weeks driving around the NY Metro area will make your original (and flawed) factory paint something you wish you still had...

I had some interactions with @acoste in another thread and got exactly the same feeling. Why he even spend so much time here if he has such a negative opinion of Tesla and have no interest of owning one? Not just here but even people on the Porsche forum, where he was also registerd a few months ago, thought his Tesla bashing was overdone and trolling.

Post #449 in the link.
""acoste why are you posting on the Porsche forums - and all 10 of your noob posts are about Tesla auto-pilot and your distaste for it - great we got it - what are you adding to the conversation about Porsche?

I smell an agenda and possibly a troll."

Tesla existential threat? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

We've been dealing with him for months on the BMW forums. I have two BMWs along with my Model 3 so have been participating in a long BMW 3 Series vs Model 3 thread. I'm not sure where one finds the time or motivation to continuously talk and bad mouth a car that one doesn't own - in three (that we know of) separate forums.

Last edited:
By chance, I clicked on a CNET review of the 2019 VW Arteon. I'm always curious how other companies will respond to Tesla's innovation and prices, and just decided to check in on VW. To my surprise, this VW had several misaligned panels - ON THE SAME CAR.

Nothing like my Model 3 delivered fresh in early 2018. I bet I could find more out there, but somehow Tesla gets hammered on quality everyday. So obvious!
7-23-2019 11-04-59 AM.png
7-23-2019 11-02-45 AM.png
7-23-2019 11-02-05 AM.png

Source: 2019 Volkswagen Arteon review: VW's CC followup is more than just a carbon copy

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker