Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality Low Speed Motorcycles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KBF

Model X owner (formerly Cdn Signature Model S)
Anyone have experience with LSMs? It seems hard to find legit reviews and comparisons. Piaggio/Vespa and Emmo seem to have decent options (available in Canada), but I don't have too many dealers nearby to see them in person. Hesitant about buying online sight unseen...

The benefit of LSM's over ebikes in my case is speed (70 km/h legal limit vs 32... And I have 20 km commutes...), security (it looks like a moped is less likely to be stolen off the street), and passenger comfort (might use it to bring my daughter to theatre rehearsals).

If anyone has experience or links to independent/legit reviews is appreciated!

Thanks - what would you say are the advantages of the Motorino TSX?

From the looks of it, it has a Bosch motor, which is good. It appears to just use standard bicycle parts, albeit very beefy downhill bike parts, Even the axles look like standard solid bike axles. But really alot of the parts can probably be fixed by a competent bicycle mechanic. It looks like really just the frame and body parts are proprietary. The drivetrain looks like off the shelf parts. So as long as you don't get into an accident destroying the frame/body, you should be able to get it repaired and serviced.

Reactions: KBF
Yes, the Bosch motor and the battery look like quality components, as does the frame. I did not see a lot of reviews, but with one exception (and you can always find one exception - and it was not actually a review for the exact same model) the reviews I did find were very positive. I did not link them though, because all of the reviews were from the UK for the speed-limited (max 45 km/h) version that they sell there, and not for the 70 km/h version that is legal here under North American LSM licensing. That said, it is the exact same motorbike, just without the electronic speed limiter. But it would have been nice to read about how it performs keeping up in regular (non-highway) city traffic. That’s what I would be interested in knowing.

Anyway, I don’t actually have one myself, nor do I directly know somebody who does. But I have been following Motorino’s Super Soco brand for a few years, and it seems to be legit. It is made in China, but for electric vehicles that does not mean bad. The company is a large going concern specializing in electric motorbikes and they incorporate international design and components in their products.

Reactions: KBF