Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC not honouring 12 year Body Rust Limited Warranty for spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the actual warranty details for 2016-2017 car? The warranty quoted in the first post is the current one, with 150000 miles / 8years battery warranty which is not true as old cars have unlimited miles.

So, are you guys sure the corrosion warranty existed in 2017?

My SC claims it didn't exist back then, and I don't really have any leverage to show them otherwise.
The oldest copy that archive.org has is from early 2019, which still has the unlimited mile battery warranty in it: https://web.archive.org/web/2019031.../tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf

Has the rust warranty language:
1695414548747.png

But as @mxnym says, you should be able to access the applicable warranty document from your Tesla account.

Anyone have the actual warranty details for 2016-2017 car? The warranty quoted in the first post is the current one, with 150000 miles / 8years battery warranty which is not true as old cars have unlimited miles.

So, are you guys sure the corrosion warranty existed in 2017?
I did some digging and found that someone posted a warranty document from April of 2017:
Via Google for tesla powertrain warranty 2016 pdf

Why would you want this?

It looks like it specifically excludes rust/corrosion coverage:

1695415502666.png

Actually, after reading that again, it only excludes inside->out rust if it is caused by non-Tesla parts/service. So while it doesn't specifically say it is covered it is, but only for the original 4-year/50k mile period.

Attachments

• New_Vehicle_Limited_Warranty_North_America_en_US 2017.pdf
    783.8 KB · Views: 50
Thanks guys!

I think my car really doesn't have the 12 year corrosion warranty. It is not listed in the app or in the Tesla website for my car.

And reading the document linked by @MP3Mike it's not listed there either. It must have been added later, if it's listed in the 2019 version. So I can only assume someone getting this for 2016-2017 cars have been mistakes..

Doh. I already figured I just peel the old paint off, and paint it with a brush or something. :) It's like this, both sides. Top side is perfect, just bottom side peeling. It's quite noticeable on a black car, would look much better if I simply paint the bare aluminum with something.

Attachments

• 20230908_200325.jpg
    20230908_200325.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 44