Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on 2018 S75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I’m on mobile and it’s hard to search. I have recently got into the market for a used S or possibly new 3. This forum has been incredibly helpful and I feel like I know so much about Tesla now but I still don’t fully trust my knowledge!

I just test drove a 2018 75d with 13,000 miles, cloth seats and it’s priced at $58,000. I did notice it only has lane keep assist/active cruise control so I’ll assume the previous owner didn’t have autopilot or obviously FSD.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Questions:
1. How much are we talking to add autopilot and FSD after purchase?
2. Tesla just enables that over the air once purchased right? Still a bit of a noob
3. Thoughts on price at $58k. Think it’s decent with low miles but no autopilot or FSD could get expensive and make it not as good a deal as it appears.

Sounds like the car has AP.

Without AP has basic cruise control only.
ok. so I clicked the stalk down twice and it brought up the speed limit circle but there definitely was no autopilot it was just traffic aware cruise control. There definitely was no steering wheel showing AP as available and only a speed limit with number to engage the cruise control.

Could this be because it was previously owned by Enterprise rent a car and they had the AP disabled? I checked the autopilot settings screen and it definitely did show an option for AP

Did you click it down or flick if towards you?

You have to click it towards you.

If the speed was in a blue circle, it has AP. It also would have AP settings such as autosteer (beta) in the AP menu whereas a car without it would still have the menu but only the emergency controls are visible.

If it was in a white circle, it does not.

For the record I'm driving an Enterprise car now and it does not have AP.

thats a good question. I honestly don't remember if I just did down or towards so that might be the issue. But shouldn't you get a steering wheel icon on the screen when AP is available? there definitely was never a steering wheel icon showing it was available to turn on. I did notice on the settings page there was definitely no option for autosteer.