Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

question on Falcon door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a MX loaner to try before I decided bought the MS. Question on the falcon wing radar in mall parking, the door only open half way because it sensed the distance with the other parked car. I was able to open manually. Is this something that is common for MX? Just wondering the practicality with tight parking spaces.

Thanks

I got a MX loaner to try before I decided bought the MS. Question on the falcon wing radar in mall parking, the door only open half way because it sensed the distance with the other parked car. I was able to open manually. Is this something that is common for MX? Just wondering the practicality with tight parking spaces.

Thanks
I have had my X for two months, it seems common to me.

I also have had an issue with the passenger and less often the driver door automatically opening into adjacent cars

Thanks
In a parking garage, overhead cement or sprinklers can be sensed and FWD open amount may be restricted, all a good thing.
Independent of that, parking next to a car and opening FWD, notice the manner in which it opens is different than in an open space. It has dual hinges, so it can avoid that close adjacent car by hinging up more first then out, rather than immediately swinging out wide.

Donno your exact situation but know these behaviors are in play.

Like I showed in this thread:
What the heck is the deal with this aspect of the Falcon Doors?

What they showed you:
img_7251-jpg.232913

What you get after 8.0 update:
img_7250-png.232911

when the adjacent car is very close to yours.