Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question to owners from the province of Quebec.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

duanra

Dec 14, 2018
Montreal
I own a MR. I am planning to install a charger in my garage. However since the wall charger is kind of overkilling for the MR I am thinking of buying another mobile kit and get a 240 v installed in the garage. (I like the idea of having an extra kit).
So i am wondering if anybody did the same and if it was a problem to get the government money for both the charger and the installation ?
Merci d'avance.

For the installation of the NEMA 14-50, you will get your reimbursement for sure.

For the charger, mobile (extra) or the Tesla wall charger, as long as you buy it from Tesla, you will get the reimbursement (buying from a private will not).
Be aware that the mobile charger may not be as sturdy (durable) as the wall charger.

I've got 2 UMCs, one in the garage, one in the car. Works well for me. And both are important, because there are times on the road, especially airport parking that they've got 120V plugs that I use my UMC for. It's cheaper than the HPWC and does effectively as well. Then you have the added bonus that if anyone else comes over with an EV, (or you buy another non-Tesla) they can plug in and charge.