Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question with TPMS sensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the tire replacement (due to a pothole damage) at one of the local shop, technician found out that one of the TPMS sensors was broken, i would like to ask if i can order only one TPMS sensor online to replace this broken one (Example: ebay's ITM TPMS Uni-Sensor Metal Clamp-On 433MHz for Tesla Model 3 2017-2018) or I have to buy a set of four in order to make them work properly?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20190508_181909.jpg
    20190508_181909.jpg
    822.7 KB · Views: 66
During the tire replacement (due to a pothole damage) at one of the local shop, technician found out that one of the TPMS sensors was broken, i would like to ask if i can order only one TPMS sensor online to replace this broken one (Example: ebay's ITM TPMS Uni-Sensor Metal Clamp-On 433MHz for Tesla Model 3 2017-2018) or I have to buy a set of four in order to make them work properly?

Thanks in advance

You should be able to just replace a single sensor. I have 4 ITM sensors from Amazon and they work well.

You should be able to just replace a single sensor. I have 4 ITM sensors from Amazon and they work well.
I'm in the market for TPMS sensors for my model 3 winter wheels. Did you have to get the ITM sensors programmed? I don't really want to go through the hassle of having them programmed if at all possible. Looking for plug and play not not the cheapo ones on eBay.

You can buy just one at Tesla.

Long story short, during winter tire change, tire shop broke one sensor and replaced it with after market sensor that they swore was compatible. When it didn't work they said it was something else in the Tesla, not the sensor. I went to Telsa Service who said that particular sensor was never going to work. They replaced it with a Tesla sensor and it worked right away.

I took the bill and the after market sensor back to the tire shop. They weren't happy about it, but good on them, they refunded me for the total amount of the Tesla bill.