Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queues charging at Leeds?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
I have a 500 mile round trip tomorrow with my most practical stop both ways at Leeds (no destination option). Scotch Corner might be a reserve alternate if things get weary and an overnight stop is called for.
Queues and access, charging speed experiences at the Leeds options please.

pgk

Only went there once. Getting on and off the motorway into the site adds on quite a bit of time. It was super busy, and there was a lot of squeezing past people to get into the only space available. Car charged quickly, however its not a service station so facilities are non existent, and local shops are too far away to be really useful. All in all, I don't bother with it now. Scotch Corner is easier in my opinion if you can make it that far.

Panic, Sir? I don't panic, I make strategic decisions governed by adrenalin ;)
Destination is a few miles from Whitby on the moors, and Scotch Corner is a bit of a dogleg from here. Facilities less of an issue since I make trips pre-stocked with snacks and thermos and emergency supplies - called experience and being cheap...
Loo break will just have to be at other Services en route. At my age and with wife they tend to be more frequent than either of us wish:mad:

Reactions: M3noob
Worth noting that if you're stopping at a services that has no Superchargers - if they are available plug it into the Gridserve chargers for the duration of your loo break. 5-10 minutes can give you a useful few miles.