Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick delivery - Defect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I ordered on Friday and was expecting a November delivery date. To my surprise I got a text today saying that I can pick it up next week (only 11 days from order).

I was wondering why is there now one available this late in the month? Could it be due to a rejected model?

Thanks

Hi all,

I ordered on Friday and was expecting a November delivery date. To my surprise I got a text today saying that I can pick it up next week (only 11 days from order).

I was wondering why is there now one available this late in the month? Could it be due to a rejected model?

Thanks

Most likely isn't.
They build in batches and try to get as many people in cars by end of quarter, especially as two of those quarters line up with UK number plate changes tesla vomit cars our way in september and march.
Also worth remembering that if it was rejected it could be for something dumb like mismatched VIN, or a correctable issue like panel gaps that tesla will fix after delivery, and you'd have to check for on any new car anyway. Check the VIN, though not super reliable if the VIN you have been given ends 776xxx or higher, then you're on the latest ship just arrived in the UK.

maybe stock being moved around locations.

Within the UK? I was quoted November before I set my location

Did you check inventory models for your spec? It would probably be cheaper and that'll be where they've matched you to a car.

Yup I have been checking inventory every day and it hasn't been on there since last Tuesday

Most likely isn't.
They build in batches and try to get as many people in cars by end of quarter, especially as two of those quarters line up with UK number plate changes tesla vomit cars our way in september and march.
Also worth remembering that if it was rejected it could be for something dumb like mismatched VIN, or a correctable issue like panel gaps that tesla will fix after delivery, and you'd have to check for on any new car anyway. Check the VIN, though not super reliable if the VIN you have been given ends 776xxx or higher, then you're on the latest ship just arrived in the UK.

Thanks - that is very useful. I shall give them a ring for my VIN as I don't have any information / docs about that at the moment

I ordered 3 weeks ago with a projected delivery of 6 to 10 weeks. Mine is now being delivered this Friday which I thought was surprisingly quick. Just checked my VIN and it's 773xxx - is this old stock or worse still, could it be an earlier rejection?

773xxx is very recent- I collected on 4 Sep and have 761xxx

most likely someone pulled out and you got bumped up the matching list, or they mis-planned stock to a certain location and moved someone else around.

good luck with the collection and enjoy the car !

Most likely isn't.

Thanks - very glad I asked on here because there are so many helpful posts so quick!

My VIN is 776xxx so that is great to hear! I rang Tesla and said my configuration (white on white LR) is very popular and I just got lucky.

Part of me though was kind of hoping for a few more updates in October. Nothing drastic but potentially heat pump / powered boot.

773xxx is very recent- I collected on 4 Sep and have 761xxx

most likely someone pulled out and you got bumped up the matching list, or they mis-planned stock to a certain location and moved someone else around.

good luck with the collection and enjoy the car !

Thanks! Looks like it is a recent one :) I hope you are enjoying yours!

OP, which variant and colour did you order? (Check my post on rejecting a car yesterday...)

It is white on white Model 3 LR. I am very sorry to hear about your order - that isn't great at all! What is your VIN if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Part of me though was kind of hoping for a few more updates in October. Nothing drastic but potentially heat pump / powered boot.

I really don't think these are coming any time soon (i.e. 6months)... though at least with the newer frunk design you'll be able to "not tell people" that it doesn't have the heatpump... especially if a heatpump does arrive on model 3s before the number plate change in march. ;);)

Oh really! That doesn't fill me up with confidence!

What is the process now for you to get a car?

I wish I knew! The Sales agent yesterday advised that he would personally check with the UK fleet manager and try to match me with a car of the same spec. As others have noted there are other models that match my order in the available inventory online, so I imagine he's probably trying to co-ordinate the logistics of one of those... but I've not had any follow-up calls/emails or anything else from Tesla about next steps.

I even tweeted @tesla yesterday and got nothing back.

I wish I knew! The Sales agent yesterday advised that he would personally check with the UK fleet manager and try to match me with a car of the same spec. As others have noted there are other models that match my order in the available inventory online, so I imagine he's probably trying to co-ordinate the logistics of one of those... but I've not had any follow-up calls/emails or anything else from Tesla about next steps.

I'm trying to progress my issue by hopping on the online chat throughout the day and calling. I've never done this before; never really needed to - but I think this is the rite of passage for anyone with (or without as the case may be) a car with issues.

I hope you do get something sorted. What was your spec?

I'm trying to progress my issue by hopping on the online chat throughout the day and calling. I've never done this before; never really needed to - but I think this is the rite of passage for anyone with (or without as the case may be) a car with issues.

How do you contact them via the chat? I can't seem to get it anymore