Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered, expected lead time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, first post here!

I have just ordered a model 3 AWD long range through a lease a company and was wondering what the expected lead times are? Has anyone recently ordered through a lease company and received there vehicle within a few weeks?

The company have stated that it takes 12 weeks for one to be allocated. On the Tesla website it currently says Aug 23 - Sep 23 delivery. Am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Harry

To expand on Grilla’s point, Tesla don’t build to order, they simply build batches of cars and match orders to stock as it becomes available, often as the boat leaves China. Any stock not matched appears in inventory. Consequently you can be anywhere from a car sitting ready for collection in only a few days to many weeks waiting for one to arrive that’s not allocated to a order. I imagine their lead time is a maximum

Reactions: ringi
On the inventory point, if the car matches 'physical' specification but doesn't match software (i.e. enhanced autopilot), is it likely that car will be assigned to fulfil an order with Tesla simply updating the software before delivery? We placed a cash order for a Model 3 AWD Long Range on Saturday and have been given an estimated delivery of 23 August - 8 September, but notice there is a car matching our order (just without enhanced autopilot) currently available in the inventory list.

On the inventory point, if the car matches 'physical' specification but doesn't match software (i.e. enhanced autopilot), is it likely that car will be assigned to fulfil an order with Tesla simply updating the software before delivery? We placed a cash order for a Model 3 AWD Long Range on Saturday and have been given an estimated delivery of 23 August - 8 September, but notice there is a car matching our order (just without enhanced autopilot) currently available in the inventory list.
Didn't happen that way with me, so I edited my order (to remove EAP) and bingo, instant match

Talk to a customer adviser as they can make it match.

If you have researched others experience with EAP then so be it but are you absolutely sure that you need to spend £3,400 on this?

It currently does not have auto parking or summon and with reliance only on inconsistent Tesla vision this may not happen for a very long time, if at all.

Lane changing can be quite hesitant and sometimes aborts & on the two occasions I have tried it (including once for two weeks) I decided that basic Autopilot is perfectly fine. I use it extensively on motorways/dual carriageways and for me it is a very useful driver aid, especially as Teslas' are very enjoyable cars to actually drive rather than rely on autonomy which still has a way to go to be truly relaxing.

If you have researched others experience with EAP then so be it but are you absolutely sure that you need to spend £3,400 on this?

It currently does not have auto parking or summon and with reliance only on inconsistent Tesla vision this may not happen for a very long time, if at all.

Lane changing can be quite hesitant and sometimes aborts & on the two occasions I have tried it (including once for two weeks) I decided that basic Autopilot is perfectly fine. I use it extensively on motorways/dual carriageways and for me it is a very useful driver aid, especially as Teslas' are very enjoyable cars to actually drive rather than rely on autonomy which still has a way to go to be truly relaxing.
Nonsense, EAP lane changing is excellent and is easily worth the money for that feature alone, I use it daily. Makes long distance driving a breeze, Autopilot is an aid, EAP lane changing means you can use it sliproad to sliproad.

Like anything new it takes a while to become familiar with its ability and limits. My wife however is too ham-fisted to even keep AP functioning.

Hi all, first post here!

I have just ordered a model 3 AWD long range through a lease a company and was wondering what the expected lead times are? Has anyone recently ordered through a lease company and received there vehicle within a few weeks?

The company have stated that it takes 12 weeks for one to be allocated. On the Tesla website it currently says Aug 23 - Sep 23 delivery. Am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Harry
I don't have anything useful to say other than congrats and welcome!
We've had our Model Y since last November, love it. We did a "test" long distance trip to Cornwall, because there has been bad press about EVs and Cornwall.
Had no problems and so recently got back from a trip to a Switzerland. Absolutely loved that and have already booked a trip to a Italy next year.
I'm sure you'll live your car too.

Glad you enjoy it @GRiLLA, this is not meant to decry your experience.

I tried very hard and wanted to to make it work but on each occasion in busy traffic it would not overtake with any degree of certainty if the lane I was moving into was significantly faster. It would either not accelerate sufficiently or would abort part way through which gave the appearance of a nervous or bad driver so I gave up.

Wanting to use it in all situations just like overtaking manually was my issue so I'm probably at fault for being less forgiving of its limitations and expecting too much for the additional £3,400 cost.

Glad you enjoy it @GRiLLA, this is not meant to decry your experience.

I tried very hard and wanted to to make it work but on each occasion in busy traffic it would not overtake with any degree of certainty if the lane I was moving into was significantly faster. It would either not accelerate sufficiently or would abort part way through which gave the appearance of a nervous or bad driver so I gave up.

Wanting to use it in all situations just like overtaking manually was my issue so I'm probably at fault for being less forgiving of its limitations and expecting too much for the additional £3,400 cost.
The move into lane timing is not a Tesla choice but I know what you mean. I can anticipate when it's going to fail, it really needs quite a clear lane to pull into otherwise forget it. I'll do it myself in those cases.