Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quiz: 'Are You an Electric Vehicle Expert?' [feedback would be appreciated]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was decently hard, I got a 5/10

But at the same time I tend to stick with Tesla and not look into the other EVs lol

Thanks for the feedback! Can you share a couple of insights?
Did you get any valuable\interesting info from the test for you? or all this tips on the other EVs was still irrelevant for you? :)
Should we add more broad\technical questions, or overall it was ok?

Thanks for the feedback! Can you share a couple of insights?
Did you get any valuable\interesting info from the test for you? or all this tips on the other EVs was still irrelevant for you? :)
Should we add more broad\technical questions, or overall it was ok?

I think the quiz was interesting, it helped me learn a bit more about the other EVs offered on the market. I didn't know that the Sono Sion existed, how fast the other EVs were, or how much range they had. They're all interesting facts for me to compare to what Tesla has to offer.

And yes, adding more technical questions about EVs would be nice

And yes, adding more technical questions about EVs would be nice

Thanks, we'll see how to maintain the balance between casual a more pro-like questions.

Nice intro to the site in general, evcompare.io. That's a very nice site I hadn't seen before.

Thank you. Our goal is to push EV-awareness fuhrer by helping to find out what EV-market could offer. There are a lot of EVs noways, and we were struggling to explain what is what to newcomers, so we decided to put all cars with all tech specs in one place.

If you liked it, you'll probably like a market overview interactive diagramm: Electric Car Market Overview
It shows everything at once. (spoiler: Tesla is dominating the market:)

I don’t care about the interiors of cars I will never buy. 7/10.

So we can conciser that a dumb question? I'm serious if something looks tiring and not fun, it's better be fixed.

To be really confusing, they should have shown a CCS Type 2 connector for European models of that first car.

Interesting perspective. For me if there was a CCS - its a hint, because there is no CCS on MS and MX in Europe.

7 out of 10, but I guessed correctly on a few...

If you can guess several times in a row, there should be a reason. I believe you know way more on EVs than you thorough :)

9/10. Have not seen chademo before as usa Tesla owner.

It's a tricky question. But for example in Europe it's pretty useful. Just returned from a trip to Belarus, we had to use only CHAdeMO chargers with Model S for more than 1200 miles in a row.

Reactions: jebinc
So we can conciser that a dumb question? I'm serious if something looks tiring and not fun, it's better be fixed.
No, don’t take it that way. I didn’t say dumb. I was justifying my inability to get them all correct (I guess I don’t know enough about all the EVs).

It’s just that when you get into interiors, you’re asking people to know some very special specifics. All cars have interiors and I wouldn’t have known that was an EV vs. any other car. You could have put a gasmobile interior in there as a trick question and I would have missed it.

The range question caught me because I did not know if the Niro or the Soul has the best range. I guessed and got it wrong. But I learned from my guess that it is the Niro.

Keep adding questions. I could think of a few fancy ones that might trip up some people, but they’d get very technical.

7/10. I guess I haven't followed non-Tesla EVs as closely as I used to. Here in the USA, the Tesla Supercharger network is game changing; we just took a trip in our Model S from Southern California to Arizona, Colorado, South Dakota, and Wyoming. I only recommend non-Tesla EVs to people who are on a tight budget and don't need to be able to travel far. Considering that Tesla sells the majority of EVs in the US, you could add more Tesla questions to your quiz.

My view is that this is a great start. I very much like having a variety of models to remind everyone that the BEV world is growing quickly.

Although maybe a trifle 'geeky' I think it would be good to show a handful of public charging stations also. Many people are unaware of how dense European charging coverage is, so it might be nice to show a handful of country specific options.

I also think you might, resources available, make multiple examinations on different subjects.

You have been such a pioneer that you seem to gravitate towards the educational. That is a great service to all of us.

Thank you!