Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radar and Hardware 4 Price Increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were prices reduced when radar was removed? How about the USS removal?

Tesla Vision is supposed to do it all, I don’t know what this would matter to most people.

Why would radar and new camera hardware increase values of vehicles that don’t have the radar or new camera hardware? If anything, it might discourage people from buying the models lacking these things and that might be reason for Tesla to introduce new models with this equipment.

Even if it does increase the price of new vehicles with this hardware, it doesn’t seem logical to believe it may increase prices of used vehicles without that hardware unless they come with a feee retrofit (like with FSD maybe in the case of Hardware 4).

I’d sooner believe people would shy away from buying the used cars lacking the new equipment, there’s a psychological law people refer to that might be applicable here but I can’t recall the name.

In case you're curious on pricing, I was reading some Wall Street equity research reports on Tesla to understand the impact here of the decision. One analyst from a big investment bank for the Model Y forecasted $49,500 by the end of 2023 and $43,000 by the end of 2025. Take it with a grain of salt, they've been wrong plenty but long trend is downward.

I probably should've read this report before I bought my Model Y in December in retrospect but then I didn't know I should have treated my car like a distressed penny stock.

• Funny
Reactions: woolymammoth17
In case you're curious on pricing, I was reading some Wall Street equity research reports on Tesla to understand the impact here of the decision. One analyst from a big investment bank for the Model Y forecasted $49,500 by the end of 2023 and $43,000 by the end of 2025. Take it with a grain of salt, they've been wrong plenty but long trend is downward.

I probably should've read this report before I bought my Model Y in December in retrospect but then I didn't know I should have treated my car like a distressed penny stock.
I personally wouldn’t feel much regret over this type of stuff, you can try extrapolating where things are going but it’s still something of a guessing game and can turn on a dime. It doesn’t change the utility of the vehicle.

IMO more price cuts are likely coming but who really knows

Reactions: tonyz1