Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade 23 MY for one with Hardware 4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it worth it to trade my 23 Long Range Model Y with Hardware 3 and 2400 miles on it for a new one in inventory with HW 4 ?

My 23 MY is paid for. I may be able to trade ot for $8,500 out of pocket so after $7,500 tax credit the net would be $1000

What do you think?

Is it worth it to trade my 23 Long Range Model Y with Hardware 3 and 2400 miles on it for a new one in inventory with HW 4 ?

My 23 MY is paid for. I may be able to trade ot for $8,500 out of pocket so after $7,500 tax credit the net would be $1000

What do you think?
No way! FSD is cheeks, what will HW4 really do? I HIGHLY doubt higher resolution will solve FSD's many problems (and if you aren't buying it for FSD, then I am unsure what the point of the upgrade is for at all). My opinion would be to keep your car.

Reactions: E90alex
No, the amount you’ll lose on the trade-in + actually spending $15k on FSD is just throwing money away. Add on that FSD doesn’t even work on HW4 yet, you’ll be better off flushing that money down the toilet…or donating it to charity.

Reactions: EV Car

What do you think?
Yes-- if you have FSD and take advantage of Q3 transfer option. Net cost $1,000 is small as you note.
Maybe--if you want newest hardware and do not have FSD on current car. Also note only Freemont cars have matrix headlights, if that's important to you.
Also, when will Tesla add ventilated seats to Y and 3? Never...? In Highland refresh...? Soon...?