Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio 3 and Tesla 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Tesla 3 for a couple of months and am getting used to it. On my way to work I like to listen the bbc radio 3 but the signal is often poor and it frequently cuts out. Does the radio in the model 3 work via the web or does it pick up FM or dab signal? My iPhone is connected via usb cable to the car (and Bluetooth is also active). Can I listen to the radio via the bbc sounds app on my phone and if so how do I do that?
Many thanks in anticipation!

There is an antenna for FM which seems ok but not great for range. It sounds like you might just be on the fringe for the signal.
If you switch your audio over to phone you can listen via your phones Bluetooth connection and sounds app.

Just click on the music note and then scroll up so you can see the input options across the bottom.

New I have had my Tesla 3 for a couple of months and am getting used to it. On my way to work I like to listen the bbc radio 3 but the signal is often poor and it frequently cuts out. Does the radio in the model 3 work via the web or does it pick up FM or dab signal? My iPhone is connected via usb cable to the car (and Bluetooth is also active). Can I listen to the radio via the bbc sounds app on my phone and if so how do I do that?

Tune both dab an fm into radio 3 (why not all the stations you listen to) & your m3 should use the strongest, automatically switching from dab to fm.

I have had my Tesla 3 for a couple of months and am getting used to it. On my way to work I like to listen the bbc radio 3 but the signal is often poor and it frequently cuts out. Does the radio in the model 3 work via the web or does it pick up FM or dab signal? My iPhone is connected via usb cable to the car (and Bluetooth is also active). Can I listen to the radio via the bbc sounds app on my phone and if so how do I do that?

Others have found that if they haven't manually set up a specific channel button for both the FM version and another for the DAB version of the same channel the car doesn't automatically switch between them reliably... worth a try.

There is an antenna for FM which seems ok but not great for range. It sounds like you might just be on the fringe for the signal.
If you switch your audio over to phone you can listen via your phones Bluetooth connection and sounds app.

Just click on the music note and then scroll up so you can see the input options across the bottom.
I have clicked on the phone link but no sign of any of the apps on my phone. Also can’t see where the dab/fm link is. Help!

I have clicked on the phone link but no sign of any of the apps on my phone. Also can’t see where the dab/fm link is. Help!

The default station list seems to be the DAB stations - find BBC Radio 3 and set it as a favourite...

For FM you need to manually enter the station frequency (as far as I can tell) - I can’t remember what the option is for this but just click them until it gives you a keypad asking for the frequency to tune. Then save that as a favourite.