Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR RWD.

Ordered 5/18, order was update on 5/21 to RWD.

Was told my delivery date was 6/2 and my vehicle was made and ready to be transported. Had to re-schedule my delivery to 6/10, they said no problem they’d still give me a call when it arrived in Raleigh.

Called yesterday, 6/6 to see if my car was there / if my delivery was on time. They said my car wasn’t in N.C., it’s actually sitting in Washington State (?!?). Called again today and they said my vehicle now shows in transport to Raleigh and should be here by 6/15.

So far the Raleigh sales people / delivery people have been an absolute mess...from telling me the wrong information (LR RWD didn’t come with premium interior to not calling back when they assured me they’d follow up with me). I’ve had to baby my order along the way: my order wasn’t updated for a week until I called and told them i was assigned a VIN for the wrong type of car and after they tried to re-assure me it’s the correct car, they looked and found out it is in fact the wrong car and the next day the order was finally updated. And now, no one updating me on my car location until I called yesterday, and surprise...today my car is in “transit”.

Hopefully other people are having a smoother process but so far Raleigh has been awful.

/rant
Your lucky, my change to lr rwd was also on 5/21 for delivery in Charlotte and not even a vin assignment

LR RWD.

Ordered 5/18, order was update on 5/21 to RWD.

Was told my delivery date was 6/2 and my vehicle was made and ready to be transported. Had to re-schedule my delivery to 6/10, they said no problem they’d still give me a call when it arrived in Raleigh.

Called yesterday, 6/6 to see if my car was there / if my delivery was on time. They said my car wasn’t in N.C., it’s actually sitting in Washington State (?!?). Called again today and they said my vehicle now shows in transport to Raleigh and should be here by 6/15.

So far the Raleigh sales people / delivery people have been an absolute mess...from telling me the wrong information (LR RWD didn’t come with premium interior to not calling back when they assured me they’d follow up with me). I’ve had to baby my order along the way: my order wasn’t updated for a week until I called and told them i was assigned a VIN for the wrong type of car and after they tried to re-assure me it’s the correct car, they looked and found out it is in fact the wrong car and the next day the order was finally updated. And now, no one updating me on my car location until I called yesterday, and surprise...today my car is in “transit”.

Hopefully other people are having a smoother process but so far Raleigh has been awful.

/rant

Oh, sorry to hear that. We had a different experience in person. (over the phone, its a different matter, but not yet frustrated enough :) ) We never knew that there were other configurations to choose from, than what were displayed on the website. Our salesperson Randy was great.

I am just learning how to educate myself through all these very useful forums. Looking at all the different issues getting posted there, I am keeping my fingers crossed as to what I am getting into.

Please update us regarding your delivery experience. One user had trouble with getting insurance prior to purchase (as needed by tesla), but the insurance agent / nc dmv not agreeing to it until the car is actually purchased.

In the same boat as you. Ordered same day and just waiting patiently. It’s so hard!!!

I got a text message last evening asking me to update my license info ( which I had already done on the day I placed the order, so dont know whats up with that ). Other than that we are keeping ourselves busy with looking at all the teslas whizzing past :) if we dont see any further updates in the next couple of days, we are just going to stand next to somebody's black tesla and take a family picture :)

Neat that this thread revived from January right when I order my model 3 LR AWD.
Order date 5/28/2019. Was told it would take a month, so order now for tax rebate. Good advice!
First delivery date - 6-8-2019. That was fast. Time to sell our car!
Tesla is in Charlotte. I'm told there are 4 vehicles in limbo there. ^ you must be one of them ^. Time for delivery is indefinite, it's all in truckers hands. Delivery date on website says 6-11-2019. We will see what happens then.
This isnt a complain thread so much as it is an information thread. There probably an upsurge of people getting on at the tax deadline. Still better than staying at a Dealer all day negotiating and doing paperwork. "The waiting is the hardest part" Tom Petty.

Saw your response. Glad that it went smooth. Thanks. So did you purchase your insurance prior to the delivery date ?

I added the Tesla VIN to my policy, with an effective start date of my delivery date. I had to have the agent at Progressive provide a direct link to the proof of insurance document to give to Tesla, since by default you can only pull documents for active policies, and my policy, which they needed at Tesla before delivery, wasn't active until the delivery date.

NC also has a goofy policy that I ran afoul of previously that they will remind you about. If you are transferring a plate, you have to keep at least liability on the old VIN until you get the new registration card for the new VIN. It's kinda dumb, but what can you do?

So, the insurance proof step was a little annoying, but just needed a chat with an agent.

Reactions: pk44FG
I talked with my sales rep Friday and asked him if my delivery date of Tuesday at 11:00 was still go, and he said it was. He tried to ping the car and couldn’t and that maybe wasn’t a good sign. I’ll call Monday and verify again. The wrap shop next door said their dates are notoriously unreliable. But, if good, I’ll pick my car up on Tuesday and literally walk next door for TVP Auto to put on a front end wrap and ceramic coating. If all goes well, I should have my car my Thursday or Friday.

I talked with my sales rep Friday and asked him if my delivery date of Tuesday at 11:00 was still go, and he said it was. He tried to ping the car and couldn’t and that maybe wasn’t a good sign. I’ll call Monday and verify again. The wrap shop next door said their dates are notoriously unreliable. But, if good, I’ll pick my car up on Tuesday and literally walk next door for TVP Auto to put on a front end wrap and ceramic coating. If all goes well, I should have my car my Thursday or Friday.

Good luck! Hope your car comes. They called me today to tell me my vehicle delivery for tomorrow wasn’t going to happen. I already knew that since I called earlier in the week. It’s been pushed from 6/2 to 6/10 (my choice to change) to 6/15 to now 6/19.

Alas, my delivery date has been pushed back until the 14th. Since I won't drive it before the front wrap is installed and the wrap installer is closed weekends (they're literally 30 feet from the Tesla store), this pushes my real delivery into next week. I HATE that there is no customer care in the delivery process. No call. No text. No email. Just me having to notice on my own the date change on my account.

Alas, my delivery date has been pushed back until the 14th. Since I won't drive it before the front wrap is installed and the wrap installer is closed weekends (they're literally 30 feet from the Tesla store), this pushes my real delivery into next week. I HATE that there is no customer care in the delivery process. No call. No text. No email. Just me having to notice on my own the date change on my account.

Yep. I came in with pretty low expectations but they’ve really done a horrible job.

Hang in there...you’re not alone in dealing with their apathy and incompetence.

Hopefully in a week or so we will both have our cars.

Reactions: Petermcg
NC dealers association is hostile to tesla adding to logistical issues. I may be wrong, but Raleigh may still be the only place where Tesla sales are allowed. Imagine the troubles Honda might have if they could only sell cars through one dealership in the whole state!

I ordered on the 1st and have seen “We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.” on my account for the past week. I called them tonight just to see if they could give me an update on the status of my order. To my surprise she said that that message was there because I needed to still provide proof of address for financing but that I had a vin#she could give me.
It’s still in California and waiting in a delivery date, but woohoo!!!! I have a vin!!