Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RAM Rebel 1500 or MY Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I recently ordered an MYP . Never had a Tesla before but I love all it has to offer, but I’m scratching my head since I would have to sell my 2020 RAM Rebel 1500 which I also love .
Although I never haul things I do love the ride comfort, cabin room of the RAM, I want to be sure the MYP could bring all that and more to me.

I sold this for my Model Y this month 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tesla with autopilot is going to give you more driving comfort than the truck.

Less space sure, but it sits higher and easy to get in/out.
CE1AB7CA-D46F-4A31-AD7D-D49266F65D90.jpeg

Reactions: kenstl
"I do love the ride comfort" - one the major complaints for the MY(P) is the ride comfort. This is why many folks change out their suspension, get coil-overs, new springs, etc.

It's great on nicely paved roads. For bumps, etc., not so much.

You're talking apples and oranges here. The MYP has an emphasis on the 'P' - lowered ride compared to the MYLR, staggered performance tire setup with minimal sidewalls as well as better brakes (and some cosmetic differences). So it is NOT the best setup for ride comfort in the MY. That would be the MYLR with 19" (base) tires. Even that, some folks complain about although I find it to be very good for me (coming from Audis). So your best bet might be a MYLR with 19" tires and Acceleration Boost.

So I recently ordered an MYP . Never had a Tesla before but I love all it has to offer, but I’m scratching my head since I would have to sell my 2020 RAM Rebel 1500 which I also love .
Although I never haul things I do love the ride comfort, cabin room of the RAM, I want to be sure the MYP could bring all that and more to me.
I like this, very interested to see how you like the change, please keep us updated. I am in the same boat, thinking of selling my Toyota Tundra. It is a pavement princess for me so certainly don’t “need” a truck; I drive 25,000 miles a year. Long term reliability is excellent on this vehicle as I have known a number of people getting over 250,000 miles on theirs before trading in at a good number considering the mileage, but it costs $$$ to run.

Coming from a Ram Rebel then to an F350 to the MYP, I personally love it. Like mentioned you will lose some space and the utility but at least you won't have to jump down from it. I know they are outrageously expensive but my wife just got the X and the ride quality is really unbelievable.

Coming from a Ram Rebel then to an F350 to the MYP, I personally love it. Like mentioned you will lose some space and the utility but at least you won't have to jump down from it. I know they are outrageously expensive but my wife just got the X and the ride quality is really unbelievable.
Thanks for the info. Really good hearing this from people that made the jump. I’m fully committed to the MYP because I tried it for 15 minutes and the more I read the more I love it. It’s not easy to let go of my RAM but that monthly cost of gas and finance is roughly $1,500 a month.

I like this, very interested to see how you like the change, please keep us updated. I am in the same boat, thinking of selling my Toyota Tundra. It is a pavement princess for me so certainly don’t “need” a truck; I drive 25,000 miles a year. Long term reliability is excellent on this vehicle as I have known a number of people getting over 250,000 miles on theirs before trading in at a good number considering the mileage, but it costs $$$ to run.
Thanks! Yeah most definitely will. ePP is September -October. Yeah monthly cost between gas and finance is in the $1500

You're talking apples and oranges here. The MYP has an emphasis on the 'P' - lowered ride compared to the MYLR, staggered performance tire setup with minimal sidewalls as well as better brakes (and some cosmetic differences). So it is NOT the best setup for ride comfort in the MY. That would be the MYLR with 19" (base) tires. Even that, some folks complain about although I find it to be very good for me (coming from Audis). So your best bet might be a MYLR with 19" tires and Acceleration Boost.
Thanks for the info! I’m willing to bet with Tesla Technology over Comfort of the RAM

Reactions: DanDi58