Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ran over wheel front cover ripped off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife ran over a wheel and it ripped off the cover that shields the front wheel motor. The battery cover is ripped in place and fluid is leaking. How bad is it?

Attachments

• 20221129_204950.jpg
    20221129_204950.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 226
  • 20221129_201555.jpg
    20221129_201555.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 211
Reactions: calidreamz808
Upvote 0
Oh I did. Thankfully our appointment is December 8 and not 6 months from now like you sometimes hear on social media

You probably need one sooner than that, I would think. The battery cover is one thing (and could wait)... fluid leaking from a vehicle (any vehicle) normally is not good.

If it were me, now that you have an appointment scheduled, I would drive down to the service center where your appointment is, and tell them:

"I am really sorry to drive down here, I scheduled an appointment and its for the 8th, but I am concerned this is a safety issue because of the fluid leak. Can you take a quick look and see if I am ok to wait until the 8th?"

Upvote 0
I pray for you that it is not the coolant connector that is on the battery pack itself. If that is the case, the "official" fix is to replace the whole battery. If it is just a coolant line, that is the best case. It may also be other parts in front, which would cost more than just a coolant line, but would still pale in comparison to the cost of replacing the battery pack.

I would say ditto to the suggestion to just take to service center and have them look at it as an emergency. They usually allow you have priority if it is an urgent issue. Unless you mean your car will be able to remain parked until the appointment, but even then, the coolant may have leaked a lot more by then and car may not be drivable (plan for possibility of car needing to be towed).

Upvote 0
You probably need one sooner than that, I would think. The battery cover is one thing (and could wait)... fluid leaking from a vehicle (any vehicle) normally is not good.

If it were me, now that you have an appointment scheduled, I would drive down to the service center where your appointment is, and tell them:

"I am really sorry to drive down here, I scheduled an appointment and its for the 8th, but I am concerned this is a safety issue because of the fluid leak. Can you take a quick look and see if I am ok to wait until the 8th?"
I guess I can drive it there. I just hope it makes it

Upvote 0