Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I "smoked" a tesla yesterday. :biggrin: Saw a white model s turn at the light, i followed it. Next light turned red and he got in the other lane to be first and there was another lane open so i got in that one. Light turned green i stepped on it and accelerated away, he gave it a little but not much, i know he saw my car take off.

It made me feel good lol even though he'd completely smoke me if he tried.

I saw my first Tesla Model S ever in Sweden today! I am working on parking lots myself and I am responsible for keeping our public charging stations from bein ICEd. This gorgeous piece of beauty with swedish plates was charging in central Sundsvall. It was amazing for a Tesla-fan like myself to see it with my own eyes for the first time. Although something occured...I did notice how wide it is compared to other european cars. This might be an issue actually in Europe and I think the Model E has a big advantage here. Enjoy the pic!
Tesla.png

Just saw a white Model S outside Petco in Lee's Summit (Kansas City) yesterday. I'm dying to see a Model S up close and actually sit in one. I've seen a couple Model S in the wild but feel awkward about randomly getting up close and inspecting someone else's car so I've never gotten up close. I did visit the Tesla St. Louis store but that was a waste of my time; nothing to see or do there without a scheduled test drive.

Probably my dad lol

Sleek looking roof carrier. Made by Thule? That person is really carrying a lot of stuff if a roof carrier is needed for the Model S.
Lol I would say that it's a scandinavian thing....roof carriers are extremely common here. Maybe he thought it was more convenient with a roof carrier for the skiis because of snow-mod and dirt.Sundsvall is mid-north of Sweden and people pass by when they continue to the mountain-range to the north-west.

Black model S on Ben Franklin Parkway in Philly the other day with 0-PETROL plate. View attachment 46168
our sister car! ZROPTRO ... Although we might switch to Florida plates and then Maybe we will get something different. Our 1 year renewal came in the mail, and t costs 10 times as much to register the car in California than it does in Florida... $75 vs $750.... Wtf?

also, the base cops are getting antsy at our new base about not having a front plate... It all started after I got lippy after being pulled over for a U turn at a stop sign. While I didn't know for sure at the time, she was wrong, and it was a legal turn. I asked her to show me where it said it was illegal, and she said "i don't know, but I've pulled people over for it before." As if that is what made it illegal. Sometimes, Base cops can be the worst. Their one job is to protect the base, but, like so many other primary jobs in the Air Force, that role is almost never needed, so in the mean time they make everyone else's life hell....

Last edited:
Atleast the VLF part - a hefty $445 for me late last year - is tax deductible.
While this year I'm unlikely to get any tax free (deployments have some advantages) and it might come in handy, last year I was already maxed out in what actually benefitted me to deduct.

either way, a lot of factors have to add up to make paying $675 be worth it to gain $675 in deductions.... I'd have to be right at the edge of a tax bracket.