Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ lol they are, but at one angle when i saw them they looked alright, but they dont fit the style of the car at all.

and saw this today....

GeReY9l.png

gtyDb5g.png

I do not think this will be on the list two decades hence, when collectors start looking for classic MS's..

Tsportline started a thread title "You asked and we made it." My initial thought was who the h@&$ asked for that. I just didn't want to go throwing around my thoughts so quickly. Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like them. Oh btw, green Model S on 49th Street going south yesterday.

Last edited:
Tsportline started a thread title "You asked and we made it." My initial thought was who the h@&$ asked for that. I just didn't want to go throwing around my thoughts so quickly. Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like them. Oh btw, green Model S on 49th Street going south yesterday.
aw man, I expected you to pull up in my driveway this weekend with this installed!

Mmmmkay... The cheese grater has to go. Certainly, the factory nosecone could stand improvement *maybe*, but that crinkly chrome stuff is heading (nosing?) in entirely the wrong direction.

I REALLY want to know what the deal is with the nose cone and why it exists in the first place. For the "latecomers" (haha, sorry, well technically that's me too as the roadster owners/followers are really the veterans here) that are unaware the ORIGINAL nose cones were two pieces , with the bottom half jutting out a inch or so. It was so ugly and got so many complaints they changed it to the one piece very early on within the first few months. But I want to know why it even existed in the first place. I just don't see the need for it at all.

df5553b002c4dff35a0fff3d8ec1dc80.jpg

Perhaps they thought of it as a bumper cheap to replace or something (as they knew aluminum repairs were going to be very costly and they were proactively trying to reduce the possibility of aluminum damage to the front ??)

I REALLY want to know what the deal is with the nose cone and why it exists in the first place. For the "latecomers" (haha, sorry, well technically that's me too as the roadster owners/followers are really the veterans here) that are unaware the ORIGINAL nose cones were two pieces , with the bottom half jutting out a inch or so. It was so ugly and got so many complaints they changed it to the one piece very early on within the first few months. But I want to know why it even existed in the first place. I just don't see the need for it at all.

Perhaps they thought of it as a bumper cheap to replace or something (as they knew aluminum repairs were going to be very costly and they were proactively trying to reduce the possibility of aluminum damage to the front ??)

Maybe for areo reasons? Maybe coming down to a point instead of a rounded off front would have been worse on the drag? Just a guess.

My money's on the bumper theory.

Spotted two within 30 seconds in Winchester this morning.

First was a white one heading south on St Cross Road.

Then a grey one came down the road from the Sainsbury's supercharger and got on the M3. I overtook as it left the motorway at Eastleigh. Plate ending ORR.

Spotted on our way to test-driving a P85D!
I spotted a red Model S with a tan interior and 19-inch Cyclone wheels.
I checked later and it was in fact a test drive car that was an S85.

P2073009.JPG

By the way, this is the P85D we rode in. It was crazy fast!

P2073022.JPG