Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
19" wheels on any other car would be considered the big, upgraded wheels. Tesla designed a very nice set, IMO.

I agree that the 19's are nice looking but I wouldn't consider them "upgraded" wheels today. Most competitive luxury sports sedans come with 19" standard. Only exception is the lower end BMW 5 series models.

2013 BMW 550i has 18" standard, 19" as an option. BMW M5 has 19" standard
2013 Audi A8 has 19" standard, 20" option. Audi S8 has 21" standard
2013 Jaguar XJ has 19" standard, 20" is standard on all performance models

I agree that the 19's are nice looking but I wouldn't consider them "upgraded" wheels today. Most competitive luxury sports sedans come with 19" standard. Only exception is the lower end BMW 5 series models.

2013 BMW 550i has 18" standard, 19" as an option. BMW M5 has 19" standard
2013 Audi A8 has 19" standard, 20" option. Audi S8 has 21" standard
2013 Jaguar XJ has 19" standard, 20" is standard on all performance models
Fair points; I was cross-shopping against the Audi A7, where 18" come standard, 19" on the better packages, and 20" optional ($1,200-$1,500 adder).

If you get aftermarket wheels they're a lot cheaper than manufacture-installed ones. There are also obviously a lot more options to pick from. I came across these, which look like a chrome version of the tesla 21" wheels.

HE840chrome.jpg

Around 1:45pm today, I caught my first Model S in the wild. 485 outerloop near Johnston Rd. I was going the opposite direction, so I couldn't get pics. Let me know if that's you, I'd love to see it up close!

- - - Updated - - -

Around 1:45pm today, I caught my first Model S in the wild. 485 outerloop near Johnston Rd. I was going the opposite direction, so I couldn't get pics. Let me know if that's you, I'd love to see it up close!

Charlotte, NC (sorry)

I was driving my brown Model S about a mile from my home today on the Wilshire Corridor near my home in Century City (Los Angeles). Noticed a black S and pulled in front of it. Then noticed another black S two cars up. So 3 out of 4 cars in that lane were Model S's! This thread may soon be moot.

I was driving my brown Model S about a mile from my home today on the Wilshire Corridor near my home in Century City (Los Angeles). Noticed a black S and pulled in front of it. Then noticed another black S two cars up. So 3 out of 4 cars in that lane were Model S's! This thread may soon be moot.

The thread may soon be moot in Los Angeles but in other parts of the country perhaps not so fast. I'm hoping to enjoy a modicum of selectivity for a least a little while. Hope Model S's don't soon become what BMW's are here -- a dime a dozen, common currency.

The thread may soon be moot in Los Angeles but in other parts of the country perhaps not so fast. I'm hoping to enjoy a modicum of selectivity for a least a little while. Hope Model S's don't soon become what BMW's are here -- a dime a dozen, common currency.

Moot even more so in the Bay Area. I'm seeing two to three almost every day (including a white one heading off 101, west onto Oregon Expwy in Palo Alto this morning)...

Not even going to the first at my son's school; that privilege went to a Sig Red a couple of weeks ago. Darn it! :)

Moot even more so in the Bay Area. I'm seeing two to three almost every day (including a white one heading off 101, west onto Oregon Expwy in Palo Alto this morning)...

Not even going to the first at my son's school; that privilege went to a Sig Red a couple of weeks ago. Darn it! :)

I know what you mean. I read about lots of people on TMC getting gawkers and thumbs up and so forth. I've had hardly a second glance.

I know what you mean. I read about lots of people on TMC getting gawkers and thumbs up and so forth. I've had hardly a second glance.
Well there may be a lot of them around here but I still get the gawkers and the thumbs up daily. Over the weekend I got it from a guy in an Audi R8 and the next day from a guy in a brand new Porsche Carrera Carbiolet. I think the car enthusiasts are the most likely to notice but it continues to be a parade of attention from all kinds.

Yes I saw three this morning along my 8 mile commute. Reporting S sightings in the Bay Area just isn't sporting anymore.
(Sig red on Ralston, "CALEECS" - forum member? And 2 turning into Solar City)