Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out the wheels on this one I saw at Teslive...

ZexCarAtTeslive.png

Had my first 3 Tesla sighting day in the Northern Virginia/MD/DC Metro area.
- First a blue (maybe black?) traveling SB on GW parkway around 8:30
- Next a white P85 / 21" wheels with DC plates (see below) exiting the inner loop of the beltway onto Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda (you cut me off if you're reading this) (8:40ish)
- Finally, a brown w/ brown roof heading toward Rockville Pike on Old Georgetown Road (around 1:30). The brown is sharp...
white p85.jpg

Visiting Sunnyvale this week on business, I can see why there should be a separate thread for CA sightings, a Model S is about as common as a Prius around here! :tongue:

Saw two white (one 85, one 60) in the same parking garage near the Tied House in Mountain View at dinner time last night, then today saw three of various colors on the very short (3mi?) drive from Moffett Towers area to hotel! :cool:

Visiting Sunnyvale this week on business, I can see why there should be a separate thread for CA sightings, a Model S is about as common as a Prius around here! :tongue:

Saw two white (one 85, one 60) in the same parking garage near the Tied House in Mountain View at dinner time last night, then today saw three of various colors on the very short (3mi?) drive from Moffett Towers area to hotel! :cool:

Were you around 237 at all today? I pulled onto the freeway directly behind a nice white MS in the morning, and then was passed about two minutes later by a dark colored one in the carpool lane. Then coming home this evening, two separate grey examples passed me in the carpool lane coming back the other direction.

Making me wish my plates would get here, so I can apply for the little white stickers myself. :)

Were you around 237 at all today? I pulled onto the freeway directly behind a nice white MS in the morning, and then was passed about two minutes later by a dark colored one in the carpool lane. Then coming home this evening, two separate grey examples passed me in the carpool lane coming back the other direction.

Making me wish my plates would get here, so I can apply for the little white stickers myself. :)
Well, my Model S is back home in Raleigh NC; I'm motoring around in a Ford Focus this week. :rolleyes: The 3 I saw this evening a little after 5:30 were on W Moffett Park Dr near the 237/101 interchange, with all the tech companies nearby, probably could have seen a bunch more if I got stuck at the stoplight another time (I can't believe how many idiots completely blocked the intersection waiting to get into one left hand lane, rather than moving over into the other 2 empty lanes when the light changes) After missing the light twice, gave up on attempting to stay in my lane and drove into the turn lane on the opposite side of the road in order to go straight!

Had a lunch meeting today at Hall Street Grill. Afterwards spotted across Hall Blvd. another S, so I stopped in to take a pic. Same config as mine, except blue.

IMG_3897w.jpg

IMG_3898w.jpg

I wonder if I know this person? Think
I've seen this plate before at one of our local get togethers already. Just can't put my finger on who.

Attachments

• IMG_3897.jpg
    IMG_3897.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,191
Had a lunch meeting today at Hall Street Grill. Afterwards spotted across Hall Blvd. another S, so I stopped in to take a pic. Same config as mine, except blue.

Greg,

A couple of weeks ago I took a similar shot very near that location (at Pepita's Mexican Restaurant) with my car next to a another blue (or black) MS (it was a P85.) Different license plate number than the one in your picture. I need to get around to uploading it somewhere.

Well, my Model S is back home in Raleigh NC; I'm motoring around in a Ford Focus this week. :rolleyes: The 3 I saw this evening a little after 5:30 were on W Moffett Park Dr near the 237/101 interchange, with all the tech companies nearby, probably could have seen a bunch more if I got stuck at the stoplight another time (I can't believe how many idiots completely blocked the intersection waiting to get into one left hand lane, rather than moving over into the other 2 empty lanes when the light changes) After missing the light twice, gave up on attempting to stay in my lane and drove into the turn lane on the opposite side of the road in order to go straight!

Yep, that's where I get off 237 to get on Mathilda. Some people are very dense when it comes to blocking that intersection, and the timing on the lights doesn't help. I probably would have done the same thing, "naughty" though it may be.

Had a crazy drive home from dinner last night in Los Altos - saw fully 6 other MSes within five minutes of leaving the restaurant. One driving out of the opposite parking lot, one on main street, and four parked at businesses heading out of town. My two passengers enjoyed a fun game of Spot the Tesla. :D I don't expect to beat that record any time soon myself, outside of owner meet-ups.

Sometimes you have to entertain yourself ....

Was pulling up to the light and I spy a Black Model S .....

I pull up next to him.... roll my window down and get his attention...

ME: "Man that is one nice car!"
HIM: "Oh thank you, its a Tesla Model S"
ME: "Does it look familiar?"
HIM: "Doooh! "

On an unrelated note, how was the Mexican food in OR? I went to Portland to sign my paperwork, and found how much the city has to offer. Plan to go back when possible.

We go to this place (Pepita's in Beaverton) almost every Friday. I love the chicken mole burrito. Other places we like are El sol de Mexico in Tigard and Chez Jose in Portland. There are other more upscale places around but these are our go-to locations.