Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few more sightings in the DC area:
A White P85 Tuesday morning that is regularly on the National Institutes of Health campus in Bethesda
A black (possibly blue) with tan interior at the Caribbean Grill around 6:00 today in Arlington off of Lee Hwy;
My first Tesla->Tesla encounter Thurs afternoon crossing the Legion Bridge on 495. Pic below of that one, a silver P85 who also had new plates. I was a bumbling idiot with a 1/3 wave, 1/3 peace sign, and 1/3 thumbs up.

View attachment 26859

I would like to see that gesture you made.
I missed the chance to get a pic of a gorgeous red in front of me the other day, similar to this.

Nice song, btw. ;)

In Middleburg, VA this morning at about 11am... I had just parked my blue S at the side of Route 50 (W. Washington St.) when we caught a glimpse of another S go by... I think it was also blue with "AMP ME" on the plates.

Middleburg is a rather rural area, so I was pleasantly surprised...

A friend sent me this one from Vail, CO taken on 7/21/13.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 1,503
I saw my first Model S ever driving home today! I was somewhat excited given that it's the first one I've ever seen live, even though I didn't get that good of a look because it was on the opposite side of the highway. It was headed eastbound on I-70 around Boonville, MO around 5pm. I hope they found a place to charge. heh. Electric car chargers don't exist in mid-Missouri yet, and it's an awful long haul going from Kansas City straight to St. Louis. I guess an 85 kWh Model S could make it, but it would be uncomfortably close. About 250 miles.

If it was a grey one, it was me. We went from Tapoka to St Louis (in fact Eureka) after a charge in Kansas City. We made it without any problem, and are now back to Montreal. But I agree, Mo is not the perfect area to find good charging station.

I finally had my first in the wild sighting here in St. Louis yesterday at lunch. At the Elephant Bar at West County Mall. I wish I could have parked next to it, but alas, the lot was full and my red and I were relegated to the overflow lot.

View attachment 26550

LOL, did you feel a moral obligation to white out the Tesla driver's license plate, but no such qualms regarding the Volvo and Ford drivers? :tongue::redface:

I saw a Karma yesterday up in Maple Grove near Arbour Lakes. Been seeing a lot more EVs of all stripes in Minnesota this summer.
Since Delaware was to house the manufacturing plant for the 'new' Fisker before the company went down hill we see more Fiskers in Delaware than Teslas. Hopefully that will reverse very quickly :smile:

LOL, did you feel a moral obligation to white out the Tesla driver's license plate, but no such qualms regarding the Volvo and Ford drivers? :tongue::redface:
well...ya, kinda silly. I just figured the likelihood of the Volvo or Ford drivers reading this forum was low - so they would never know the diff. The whole obscuring of plates is silly in the first place - I mean - they are always out when in public.

I always wondered if anyone would spot my car and post it on this thread. Reading this thread, it seems like there are so many Tesla Model S paparazzi out there taking pictures (who knew). =) Well if anyone is interested, there will be 3 Model S at Focus plaza in San Gabriel Valley (LA, California) having lunch tomorrow. Mine is the grey with black rims. =) The other two are silver and white.

Saw a white Model S at North Park shopping center today in Lexington, KY. Was out to lunch with a buddy of mine and I saw it pull into the parking lot. Was still there when we finished lunch so I asked my buddy to drive over and have a look (he drives a Volt). When we pulled up next to the car the I was about to jump out and start taking pictures when we noticed the owner was inside. She saw us gawking at the car and was kind enough to roll down the window to talk to us. She has one of the 60kWh models that is software limited to 40 kWh. She loved the car, said it has lots of power and had no issues with it in 2 months of ownership so far. I asked her about the range and she said it's a commuter car for her and the range at the time was 140mi. Gorgeous car and a very friendly owner. I didn't go through with my picture taking as I thought it might be embarrassing for myself and the owner. Can't wait to get one of my own!