Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Touring the FL Panhandle in an ICE with friends. Yesterday, saw a white S in the Seaside Village of FL near Destin. Black wheels. "NO GAS" Florida License plates. Surrounded by gawkers as expected (mostly younger folks). No badging on rear so probably a 60. Somebody on the Florida TME list perhaps?

Only the 2nd other MS I have seen in the wild, in motion (even thought there are purportedly 1000+ in Texas). I was headed north on Jackson (Colleyville, Tx, 30mph skinny two lane road) and another white MS headed south. Gave him a flash of the headlights. The other driver was of Asian heritage - I passed within 6 feet going the opposite direction, but he never saw me - he was heads down fiddling with the 17" display, no Tesla grin. :eek:

Anyway, greetings, new owner!

I tend to see other Model S in Portland rather regularly. But today? SIX of them. Outside of organized meetings of the PDXTesla club or visits to the service center that's by far the most I've seen in a day. Two multi coat red, two gray, one blue and one white.

I live on NW 23rd and I see them daily. I saw a brown one driving down 23rd last night while I was on the phone placing my order for my Tesla last night :biggrin:

Spotted on car carrier 95 Southbound lanes in Southern VA.
photo.JPG

Ok, be honest. When I first took delivery of my MS, everywhere I drove attracted spectators. Even while driving down the LIE or Southern State Parkway. I've been out at the LI forks visiting some wineries and a crowd would come over, wine in hand. And it was fun and cool. But , now over 6 months later, the attraction has not subsided at all. Maybe because I'm on the east coast in NY and the MS population is not quite as high as on the west coast. But, back to it, after awhile does a small voice inside say " oh no, not again", when you see new strangers chase you down?

One thing that is always appreciated is when you see someone saying "nice car", as you drive by. Or a driver in the next lane gives a "thumbs up". I have never experienced this with any other car that I have owned.

I am actually happy about it. Unless I am late for something I try to take time to talk up the EV/Tesla revolution. On the other hand, my wife and daughter....'not again dad!!' :biggrin:

One thing that is always appreciated is when you see someone saying "nice car", as you drive by. Or a driver in the next lane gives a "thumbs up". I have never experienced this with any other car that I have owned.
On the way to Portland, I was "near" a Dodge Challenger for a while. We'd weave in an out of traffic making different choices but eventually meeting up again. Weave is probably the wrong word. It wasn't quick, it was across miles -- more like wandering. Anyway...

The traffic finally opened up and I had some daylight in front of me. After seemingly forever with traffic "in the way", Tess took over pulling me (leash and all) at a breakneck pace. Finally slowly down about 5 car lengths prior to the next clump of traffic.

I notice in my side mirror the Dodge rolling up beside me. Quickly but safely.

The passenger had the Tesla Grin, and laughing gave me two thumbs up.

A few exits later we parted ways. Definitely brightened up the trip.

image.jpg
I went to Washington DC for a work conference, walked out of the omni shoreham hotel for lunch and saw a beautiful multi-color red model S. Not tech. good enough to post picture from iPhone. :wink:

Last edited: