Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Model S P85 I spotted in Istanbul / Turkey. It is crazy to think these people import these vehicles without Tesla being officially present with their own means. I wish I was one of those people (i.e. I wish I had that much money)

This isn't the only one either, I spotted one in the city a couple of months ago too but couldn't snap a photo. There also was a black one on sale on the internet. There are close to 10, maybe more Model S' in Istanbul. I envy, soon much.
IMG_4805.jpg

I sighted a White Model S entering Rte 17 North vicinity Lake Street last week and yesterday a Black one on Rte. 17 North in Paramus. Most of the time the Super Chargers in Paramus NJ are very much in use in the evenings 2 or 3 cars charging. Once it appeared to be 4 charging.

Just got back from a drive on PCH 101 frpm Del Mar to Encinitas and saw the MOST Model S's (Five plus mine) since the Chapter meeting, the Hawthorne event and picking up my MS in Fremont.

BTW, does anyone else acknowledge other MS? I just give a friendly wave to oncoming owners.

BTW, does anyone else acknowledge other MS? I just give a friendly wave to oncoming owners.
I'm sure I would if the conditions were right. Unfortunately, all my sightings while driving mine have only lasted a few seconds as they were going the opposite direction usually on a divided highway. I spend that time making sure it's a Model S I'm seeing and trying to identify the color, not thinking about acknowledging them until it's too late. I haven't seen any of them acknowledge me either, albeit because I couldn't see the driver with the distance and lighting. My best opportunity for a wave was when I passed in front of a red one at an intersection, but it was downpouring and all I could make out of the driver was a very distorted blob.

I regularly see about 4-5 Model S vehicles around Charotte. Been confusing two blacks thinking they were the same. Found out this evening they are definitely two black Model S 60s around here.

Was traveling down Carnel Road around 7 pm this evening when a black Model S with tan interior and fog lights pulled out behind me. Driver was a white male with dark hair and had a six year old (or so) boy in the passenger seat. Don't know if he noticed me waving. After Quail Hollow Road, we road tandem until we turned separate ways at Pineville-Matthews Road. Saw the plate and the battery size then, realizing this is a different black S60 than the one I regulary see on Park Road. I also see on typically at Carmel and Johnston road coming out of one of the businesses there.

Anyways, beautiful car! Now I see why everyone says its a travesty when a Model S doesn't have DRLs -- that's how I instantly knew it was a Model S behind be -- very distinctive!

Not exactly random, but I stumbled upon this gem as I walked past New York-New York in Las Vegas this evening.
image.jpg

Btw, if any owners decide to be on the Strip this week and happen to want to let me see the inside of a Tesla for the first time ever, I won't object!. :wink: Until the new service center opens in Charlotte, I can't even schedule a test drive