Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 X's at the Mt View Supercarger. Founder 18, Sig 96 and Sig 278
image.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

And now add another Founder (25)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm sorry that my ambiguity has thrown the thread off a bit. For clarity, I am a hominin (also a hominid) who lived approximated 150,000 - 2 million years ago. While I'm not very large, I'm certainly bigger than my predecessors. I couldn't possibly match your mental capacity (as my TMC posts make clear), but you can probably thank my lineage for your cranial size due to encephalization during my reign. Why am I driving a Model X? Simply - Autopilot.

Hopefully this will clear up my classification.
Helpful. Yes. And congratulations on being discovered and thawed out, mostly intact.

What is the noise from the wind like while going highway speeds? It has a larger frontal area so more than the S but is it very noticeable?

Usually don't notice...but then the stereo system does go to 11....I love that :smile:
occasionally I do hear some highway/wind noise...but I have not thought to see under which conditions the sound correlates too... outside vents open, between songs, cross winds??
It is amazing how well the car accelerates and handles even at the upper ranges of its capability....at least that is what some X owner told me...I would never drive 150mph...

I stopped by the Sunnyvale Service center today to get a few issues looked at and the X viewing part was in FULL swing...
They had at least 10 X's in all colors and configurations and there were people were lining up for test drives....
It was very nice to see so many X's in one place...Neglected to take a picture though...

Could you provide detail on the issues with the doors, and etc.?

My fwd's seem to be overly sensitive...They sense obstacles when none are present...about 1 time every dozen openings/closings
At first, I though this might be related to position of the sun relative to the car, or dirt...but after having it a few weeks
I think the sensors are just incorrectly adjusted. I see false positives at night, with or without rain and dirt and even with it freshly washed.
I still have not been able to make any correlation - temperature, light, etc
I dropped by the service center showed them and we set up an appointment to evaluate and try to correct the situation..
I'll let you know how it turns out (I'm heading out for a month and my appointment is mid March)

Its more an inconvenience than anything else...you can alway manually override with the button on the pillar to continue the open/close...

My fwd's seem to be overly sensitive...They sense obstacles when none are present...about 1 time every dozen openings/closings
At first, I though this might be related to position of the sun relative to the car, or dirt...but after having it a few weeks
I think the sensors are just incorrectly adjusted. I see false positives at night, with or without rain and dirt and even with it freshly washed.
I still have not been able to make any correlation - temperature, light, etc
I dropped by the service center showed them and we set up an appointment to evaluate and try to correct the situation..
I'll let you know how it turns out (I'm heading out for a month and my appointment is mid March)

Its more an inconvenience than anything else...you can alway manually override with the button on the pillar to continue the open/close...

This is a current issue with some Model S cars, sad that it has spread to the X.