Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once I eliminate pictures with recognizable faces in them, there aren't too many left. But here are a few decent ones.

Inside rear door looking forward. There were two kid seats in the middle row.
View attachment 99184

Would love to see all of the photos (perhaps you can blur the faces)? As far as the windshield and skylights, did they do a good job blocking sunlight?

Is it just me, or do those front headrests look to be vertically adjustable? They look like they might slide upward, and are currently a couple inches above the bottom/default position.

IF thats true they have really outdone themselves. I dont think separate headrests are good looking but its nice to have the functionality especially if you are very tall. studies have shown that most headrests are in the wrong place in a crash bcs ppl are not so good at position them, I think Teslas approach fixes that:p Great work design team!

IF thats true they have really outdone themselves. I dont think separate headrests are good looking but its nice to have the functionality especially if you are very tall. studies have shown that most headrests are in the wrong place in a crash bcs ppl are not so good at position them, I think Teslas approach fixes that:p Great work design team!

Are all seats standard? Or will they have upgraded versions such as the next-gen seats for the S?

There's plenty of space, it's not difficult to install at or near delivery. Here in Nanny State Ontario, we have front and back plates required. What I found funny was that Tesla asked me to sign a notice saying I DO want a front plate installed to ensure my car is road legal.

View attachment 99061 View attachment 99059
Not quite a shark but it was stuck in my mind I guess :tongue:

I do think the Model X looks fantastic really... looking forward (well, somewhat as a current owner haha) to the MS redesign, curious to know if nose cone is going the way of the X. So like where's the tow cable and battery hookup on the X anyway ?

My Fav.
Curtiss_P-40E_Warhawk_2_USAF.jpg

31 states require front license plate, only 19 do not. If you travel across states lines, chances of getting a ticket from aesthetically challenged officer are pretty high. Front plate mount should be integrated. It is irresponsible if not negligent on Tesla (and all other car manufacturers) to design and show cars without front license plate.

Last edited:
Notice the scratch marks, if her handbag-shoe coordination center is anything like my wife's her husband will need to get handy with the epoxy and sandpaper.

Two far more likely scenarios for the scuffs in the dirt layer on that X than "handbag-shoe coordination," whatever that is:

1. Someone ran their hand over that location to feel the variation in the panel mismatch.
2. Someone backed into something with/at that corner and separated the panels from the bump.

I saw my first Model X in the wild yesterday. I was heading into a meeting on Sand Hill Road (late, as always) and noticed a white Model X nearby, with the owner just getting in. I checked out the Model X quickly as I was walking by and the owner noticed me looking and said "I don't know which is rarer...my car or your green Model S". I didn't recognize the owner. The Model X is better looking in person, to my eyes (I thought it was a bit ungainly in pictures/video).