Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random opening & closing of frunk on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi so the hood on screen randomly flaps open and closed on screen like a frog talking (if frogs could talk) but my hood is closed. Is anyone else having this? Is it software related?

MY software version is 2020.48.35.5

Thank you!

What I can tell you is since we got the newer interface with the larger car, that if I barely touch any where near the Frunk it will pop.

I have had no issue with what you are describing. If the hood is not unlocking and it is signaling that on the display, then you probably need the Frunk sensor adjusted...

I have the same problem, and had a mobile service appointment scheduled for yesterday, which they canceled stating the part had not arrived.I guess they have an idea of what's causing the problem. Today they called me to reschedule the appointment for next Monday at their Sarasota Service Center. They said it needed a new harness, so it's cheaper for them to replace it at the shop rather than send a mobile technician. I asked if it was a bad sensor, and sight unseen they said it's the harness.

No loaner this time. They are now just giving Uber credits for same day service; very inconvenient for me, since I usually have a few errands to run every day. Anyway, I'm glad I haven't ordered the Tesla Offer power frunk. I'll wait for this problem to be resolved first.

I had this problem about 7 months ago too. Tesla Mobile Technician wound up replacing the entire frunk sensor and it's been fine ever since. I think it took him about 10 minutes in the parking lot at my company.