Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random text booking me in for a service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
apparantly something to do with failing internal temperature sensors and I think they have it booked in for a fluid check too. Anyone else had anything like that? I’ll try and get then to look at the squeaky rear brakes too

HVAC sensors has been on a quiet recall for months. They are possibly pro actively recalling the affected cars now if they have not already had the work done during another routine visit.

Fluid low is possibly a recent thing.
But Tesla head office have been trying to sort my problems out for over week. It’s a bit of a coincidence both of my suspected problems have now caused automatic service appointments.

But Tesla head office have been trying to sort my problems out for over week. It’s a bit of a coincidence both of my suspected problems have now caused automatic service appointments.

That's how the quiet/soft recalls work. They have the car booked in on app for a possible unrelated concern, then they tag other recall items on to the list. So the original service item is the trigger for the recall fix, otherwise the quiet/soft recall items will go unattended to, until at some point, they start to proactively chase for them.

Reactions: Rooster6655
My car used to scream its nuts off when pre-heating when it was brand new, went into Tesla for a month to diagnose the problem, took them a month to replace a leaking hose and top the coolant up.

I noticed it was getting noisy again a few weeks ago, so during an unrelated tech visit I asked him to check the coolant, it only took 200ml but still, shouldn't "really" have taken anything....he put it down to air in the system after the initial visit, but I'm not convinced.

My car used to scream its nuts off when pre-heating when it was brand new, went into Tesla for a month to diagnose the problem, took them a month to replace a leaking hose and top the coolant up.

I noticed it was getting noisy again a few weeks ago, so during an unrelated tech visit I asked him to check the coolant, it only took 200ml but still, shouldn't "really" have taken anything....he put it down to air in the system after the initial visit, but I'm not convinced.
My coolant was very low. He put it down to a possible air lock also. What month did you get yours? I remember the problems you had with the preheating.