TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Random Thought: Tesla Motors should make High End Headphones

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by aznt1217, Jan 20, 2015.

1. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    New York, NY
    Given that Tesla makes quite a bit of apparel that's quite nice... I remember the comment that their apparel sells quite well on one of the earnings calls a while back. I had a CRAZY thought this weekend: Tesla should make high end headphones. I was thinking of all the "scraps" they have from aluminum, leather, plastic, and speaker materials and was like wouldn't it be awesome if they made a pair of high end headphones... they already have the sound engineering for the cars audio system why not take all of those scraps and make a set of cans! Three different lines (the Model S, 3, and X)-- for you audiophiles don't kill me but I'll use the Beats form factor for comparison.

The Model S can be the mid range line (similar to a V Moda LP2 or a Beats Mixr)
    The Model X can be a high end full headphone with noise cancellation (similar to a Beats studio Pro and the high end AT)
    The Model 3 can be a compact pair of folding headphones similar to the Beats Solo.

I legitimately think they can make an awesome set of headphones at almost no cost and it would be an awesome way to market the brand.