Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range is really calculated accroding to driving habbits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a two year MX 90D, it has only 229 miles available after fully charged, the SC person told me this could be caused by driving habbits, such as driving on highway alot, instead of caused by battery degradation, is this real?

If you charge to less than 90% regularly the rated miles number displayed by the battery on the dash can become inaccurate according to what I've seen here on TMC. Probably also if you never use much of the battery capacity. It is just an estimate, not something that can be precisely measured without a charge/discharge cycle.

You may have the option in the car's settings to chose between a standardized rated miles display that is solely determined by the amount of energy in the battery, and a display that considers other factors. The first should be relatively consistent, the other could vary quite a bit. I don't remember what Tesla uses in China.

Driving habits should not noticeably impact battery capacity, though they certainly do affect range.