Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rated Miles Vs Actual Miles Vs EVTripplanner

What efficiency (actual miles/rated miles) do you achieve on longer (50miles +) trips

• ~100%

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • 90-100%

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • 80-90%

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Worse than 80%

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They used to have a little tool on the website (at least for the Model S) where you could estimate range based on battery size, speed and cabin temperature. I can't find it now
EVtripplanner gives you an estimated consumption over user defined routes and speeds. It was pretty spot on for the S but not it's constantly showing too little consumption for the X. (I've compared it with actual performance from teslafi)

Interestingly the consumption predictor built into the X is very good after I've driven a few miles. It always starts off underestimating consumption but then quickly adjusts.

On my 90D, I get a rated range that is about 1% accurate if I drive 5mph above the speed limit and avoid sudden accelerations. This is in 65-70 degree weather.

In reality, I get less as I tend to drive aggressively, and more than 5mph above the speed limit. Then it is about 80% of rated range.

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus