Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven And Hw3.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Raven Performance+L FSD with a build date of last week in May 2019. Checking my option codes, I see that I have APH3 (HW2.5). I thought as of a couple of months ago, all new builds received APH4 (HW3.0). Any Ravens out there get APH4?

• Informative
Reactions: Inside
I thought al Raven's got FSD Computer (aka AP3 Computer). One way to confirm is to look at the codec used for the DashCam/SEntry mode.

Source URL =

I checked the video files on my TeslaCam and they are encoded in H265. However using the Tesla Remote app's Copy Vehicle Data, it states that I have APH3. This is conflicting information. How reliable is using the video codec to determine the presence of HW3.0? How reliable is the option codes listed in Tesla Remote, could it be wrong?

I checked the video files on my TeslaCam and they are encoded in H265. However using the Tesla Remote app's Copy Vehicle Data, it states that I have APH3. This is conflicting information. How reliable is using the video codec to determine the presence of HW3.0? How reliable is the option codes listed in Tesla Remote, could it be wrong?

I don't believe 2.5 uses H264, so it would be reliable. Then again, nothing prevents 2.5 from using H265 other than software as far as I know and maybe Tesla is now delivering that (HW2 is left in the dust somehow).

I ordered a Raven Performance+L FSD with a build date of last week in May 2019. Checking my option codes, I see that I have APH3 (HW2.5). I thought as of a couple of months ago, all new builds received APH4 (HW3.0). Any Ravens out there get APH4?

My option codes said APH3 (2.5) which I knew when buying (good deal and preferred options/colors) however recently connected dashcam and found h.265 codec files which most believe to be HW3. I was able to pop off a cover near the glove box and visually confirm 3.0 computer. not sure if the S access is the same as X

H.265 Exactly Means What?

My option codes were wrong... maybe yours are too

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
I noticed similar discrepancies. My option codes are showing APH3 but videos H.265. Do I really have APH4?

redgt: how difficult was it to access and visually confirm the 3.0 computer?

It was easy BUT I have a model X ... I removed one cover shown in the video below around the 5:00 minute mark. Then was able to shine a flashlight on the computer