Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven Model X 1/4 mile and 0-60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
60A9C81F-2B83-48DB-B042-4E0BA27D33BE.jpeg
Thanks. Finally had time to fully heat and take it for a spin. Not bad!

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
So with the new PMSR motors we’ve seen the Model S with a slightly better numbers at the track. The model X went from 2.8 0-60 to 2.7 0-60 in the configurator. I’m wondering if anyone has had the chance to test this out at the strip or with a drag/vbox and see how the acceleration has changed since the previous drivetrain. Would love to see the X hit a 10.99 in the quarter. Unlikely this is enough, but it’s got to be getting real close.

My Blue Raven. Track was bit wet and I didn't get a good launch. Convinced I can get into the 10s with good conditions.
Did 11.20 @121 mph

Just took delivery of a new Raven X Performance last week for my wife. I just finally took it for a quick spin last night, and was underwhelmed by it's off-the-line acceleration. I have a 4yo S P85D and it jumps off the line far harder. The X feels like it gradually builds power. No way it's putting up the numbers listed above. Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps some software glitch? Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, for some reason Launch Mode would not work.

Does your DRIVING screen say LUDICROUS or INSANE? Most come without the LUDICROUS download. Mine did and I camped out to get it done. Threatened them with DRAG TIMES Video (Plus 300,000 subscribers) that would say they FAILED to get the download for the run on the Lamborghini.

Reactions: bhzmark
The NON-performance LR model x seems to be suffering from some kind of underpower on the raven refresh. Did testing with the dragy and consistently got above 5s 0-60. Hopefully this 2019.32 update that mentions “better driving dynamics under heavy acceleration” will fix it.

Keep us posted, always good to see some non-performance info. Taking delivery of an LR next week.

The NON-performance LR model x seems to be suffering from some kind of underpower on the raven refresh. Did testing with the dragy and consistently got above 5s 0-60. Hopefully this 2019.32 update that mentions “better driving dynamics under heavy acceleration” will fix it.

Also interested in the actual numbers for the Raven LR... I installed the 2019.32 update yesterday and then took it out to enjoy some "heavy acceleration" last night... Can't say I noticed an appreciable difference in driving dynamics. Then again, I'm pretty sure my non-calibrated self wouldn't be able to tell if they took a couple of tenths of a second off the 0-60 time, which is what I'm hoping for! :)

Most are not delivered with Ludicrous. Be persistent. It only takes the SC 15-20 minutes to upgrade if they know what to do.

The reason they were NOT delivered with LUDICROUS was a software conflict with FSD and LUDICROUS software. If you don't persist at getting it done, you will end up waiting until it is corrected in an upcoming update which could take months.

I can only say I have a 2019 performance with ludicrous, Raven, etc. and took delivery June 14th. My acceleration and performance are spot on BUT my auto pilot is way too sensitive. Very often if not every time the vehicle has a sudden deceleration when approaching a vehicle that is in its lane but to the right of me...mostly big trucks. When I try to accelerate their is a tremendous lag time before the vehicle will speed up before cars behind almost run into me. It is to the point I no longer use it. I have not had the time to book on the app and plan for the 1 month service lead time in Orlando, FL. Curious if anyone else has experienced the same.

I can only say I have a 2019 performance with ludicrous, Raven, etc. and took delivery June 14th. My acceleration and performance are spot on BUT my auto pilot is way too sensitive. Very often if not every time the vehicle has a sudden deceleration when approaching a vehicle that is in its lane but to the right of me...mostly big trucks. When I try to accelerate their is a tremendous lag time before the vehicle will speed up before cars behind almost run into me. It is to the point I no longer use it. I have not had the time to book on the app and plan for the 1 month service lead time in Orlando, FL. Curious if anyone else has experienced the same.

Spot on. Very dangerous on the highway. Get the same jolting halts. Never ever had this problem with the 2016 X, nor with my first Tesla Model S which had autopilot by Mobileye from Israel. It worked great from day one. Always trusted it. Although there have been some marked improvements in other areas, getting the basics right just hasn't come from iteration after iteration of autopilot re-engineering. It just seems to get worse with each release. It feels like such bloated software that has so many lines of code, it doesn't know what to do. Biggest mistake was leaving Mobileye.

• Love
Reactions: polinter

What firmware do you have, and when was the last time you tried it?

Braking for cars in the next lane when overtaking used to be pretty bad back under 2019.20, and has gotten a lot better for me under the last couple updates, though it still isn't perfect.

Keeping which versions did what straight has gotten a little difficult, because I've been averaging new firmware every single week since I got the Raven, but they've systematically tackled and mostly cured all the bad habits the car has during my late June road trip - braking on overtake and aggressive centering on merge being foremost among them.

Just got LDA and ELDA in 2019.32.1 last night; my single drive with it didn't have any false triggers and the one time I tested LDA it handled very well.

What firmware do you have, and when was the last time you tried it?

Braking for cars in the next lane when overtaking used to be pretty bad back under 2019.20, and has gotten a lot better for me under the last couple updates, though it still isn't perfect.

Keeping which versions did what straight has gotten a little difficult, because I've been averaging new firmware every single week since I got the Raven, but they've systematically tackled and mostly cured all the bad habits the car has during my late June road trip - braking on overtake and aggressive centering on merge being foremost among them.

Just got LDA and ELDA in 2019.32.1 last night; my single drive with it didn't have any false triggers and the one time I tested LDA it handled very well.

Version 2019.32 Still bad on the highway.

Spot on. Very dangerous on the highway. Get the same jolting halts. Never ever had this problem with the 2016 X, nor with my first Tesla Model S which had autopilot by Mobileye from Israel. It worked great from day one. Always trusted it. Although there have been some marked improvements in other areas, getting the basics right just hasn't come from iteration after iteration of autopilot re-engineering. It just seems to get worse with each release. It feels like such bloated software that has so many lines of code, it doesn't know what to do. Biggest mistake was leaving Mobileye.

Don't waste your time on an appt for Orlando. I can tell you what they will say. "Engineering Freemont is working on it." I know they have been working on it for three years.

The Raven Model X Performance delivers just as Tesla advertises.

0-60mph 2.63
1/8 Mile 6.91 @100.58mph

Once I can get to a QTR mile drag strip, this will be a 10.9 second 1/4 mile vehicle that seats 7. Incredible.

Attachments

• Tesla Model X 0-60mph 2.632.png
    Tesla Model X 0-60mph 2.632.png
    551.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Model X 8th Mile 6.91.jpg
    Model X 8th Mile 6.91.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 41
  • Model X Vbox Xtreme Raceway 07 05 2020.jpg
    Model X Vbox Xtreme Raceway 07 05 2020.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 39