Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven "Rated" Watts Per Mile and Real World Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed quite an improvement in efficiency with the new "Raven" models.

First, where would one find, or does anyone know the actual rated watts per mile for the various Raven configurations?

As to real-world experience what are you all seeing, especially given the rather high temperatures in much of the country?

Reactions: boonedocks
To find the Wh per rated mile, I look at where the projected range on the energy screen crosses the rated range in the cluster. For my Ludicrous Raven X, that happens when the average consumption hits 324 Wh per mile.

My prior 2016 X75D crossed at 308 Wh per mile.

Despite that, the Performance Raven consumes less power as long as I keep the pedal under control - often ~10% less than I would have expected from prior experience.

I too have noticed an amazing difference in efficiency. My 2017 S100D with 70k+ miles had a lifetime average of 333Wh/mi. My Raven, and get this, Performance + Ludicrous that just go to 4,000 miles has an average of 274Wh/mi. That is an amazing ~18% more efficient and its a beast of a car.

A9478BA3-A462-47CF-9215-CBAA815E94E0.jpeg
3D33E411-D896-4314-95D7-0F74B33945C1.jpeg

Last edited:
I to have noticed an amazing difference in efficiency. My 2017 S100D with 70k+ miles had a lifetime average of 333Wh/mi. My Raven, and get this, Performance + Ludicrous that just go too 4,000 miles has an average of 274Wh/mi. That is an amazing ~18% more efficient and its a beast of a car.

View attachment 432780 View attachment 432779
Goodness gracious!
Tesla really does make the greatest car in the world!

I too have noticed an amazing difference in efficiency. My 2017 S100D with 70k+ miles had a lifetime average of 333Wh/mi. My Raven, and get this, Performance + Ludicrous that just go to 4,000 miles has an average of 274Wh/mi. That is an amazing ~18% more efficient and its a beast of a car.

So you must regularly get better mpge than I do in my inefficient old 2018?
IMG_0132.PNG

• Disagree
Reactions: BOBEDIGITL
So you must regularly get better mpge than I do in my inefficient old 2018?View attachment 432782

IDK I guess so..but I do know my 4,000 miles is 95% commute which is mostly expressway 75-80Mph.

My total electric cost for charging my car is .064kWh so my cost per mile is .0175 less than 1/2 the cost of your per mile cost. I'm still easily ahead all things considered.

I can easily achieve better Wh/mi when I am driving below 50 on flat roads for extended miles but sadly.......that is not my use case.

Last edited:
IDK I guess so..but I do know my 4,000 miles is 95% commute which is mostly expressway 75-80Mph.

You can see the Wh/mi on the left hand side is 231..........a tad better than your Raven. But it is all in how you drive, or in other words, you reap what you sow. This drive was made with about 70% interstate driving at between 70-78 mph and the other 30% in town at around 40 mph or less. Probably around 120-125 miles total.

My total electric cost for charging my car is .064kWh so my cost per mile is .0175 less than 1/2 the cost of your per mile cost. I'm still easily ahead all things considered.

I can easily achieve better Wh/mi when I am driving below 50 on flat roads for extended miles but sadly.......that is not my use case.

Have no idea whey "stats" shows my cost at $0.04/kWh.............an anomaly I guess as that charging session was done at a supercharger which of course is free, so $0.00/kWh

Many people exaggerate their speeds, making car-to-car comparisons worthless. The OP has two cars that he probably drives similarly, so the comparisons are much more valid. It's good info.
In my case I am on my third Model S and have driven the same commute, in all three, for well over 160k miles total. My comparisons are definitely car-to-car.

Many people exaggerate their speeds, making car-to-car comparisons worthless. The OP has two cars that he probably drives similarly, so the comparisons are much more valid. It's good info.
Are saying I exaggerated my speed? You calling me a liar? You don't even know me. If you did, you wouldn't make that claim. The speed given in my post was accurate, sir!

You just made my point!! :D

Actually not, as you said I must be going downhill with the wind at my back. Nothing could be further from the truth. One thing we all can agree on though, despite what other people who have no idea what they are talking about when they say people exaggerate their speed, is that your 2019 SHOULD be more efficient than my 2018. SO......if I can get Wh/mile of 231 on a 2018, YOU should be able to get close to 170 if you try, given the efficiency differences of the models? But I have to say, squeaking 231 is not even close to fun driving if you get my drift?

In my case I am on my third Model S and have driven the same commute, in all three, for well over 160k miles total. My comparisons are definitely car-to-car.

Yep, your posts are the ones I was referring to, mistakenly thinking you made the OP. Anyone thinking their pre-Raven S can get 16% better efficiency than a Raven S under the same circumstances is simply delusional. Sorry, Bill, not calling you a liar, just mistaken. ;)

Reactions: boonedocks
Actually not, as you said I must be going downhill with the wind at my back. Nothing could be further from the truth. One thing we all can agree on though, despite what other people who have no idea what they are talking about when they say people exaggerate their speed, is that your 2019 SHOULD be more efficient than my 2018. SO......if I can get Wh/mile of 231 on a 2018, YOU should be able to get close to 170 if you try, given the efficiency differences of the models? But I have to say, squeaking 231 is not even close to fun driving if you get my drift?

Not even possible no matter how much I wish it or how hard I might try. At 100 miles a day commute on metro-Atlanta expressways I am not even going attempt to “try” for that LOL

Curious, are you usually driving in ludicrous mode or sport? I've stayed away from routine driving in ludicrous mode in my new Raven thinking it's less efficient, but maybe I should rethink it!