Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raybestos Track Pads for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to let the community know it is now possible to get Raybestos Track Pads in stock Model 3 Caliper sizes, in any compound you may need.

I put a set of ST43's on the rear axle of my Model 3 before my latest event. They worked great and I had no squealing! Pricing was also competitive. Of all of the pads I've run, I've found the Raybestos to have the best wear, value, and noise characteristics.

Hit up Ken at KNS Brakes (KNS Brakes). They're not listed on the website yet, but if you email them they can hook you up. They shipped in less than two weeks from purchase.

what's exactly is 'raybestos? ' (dumb question...) Not asbestos right? Cause using that for brake pads would be a really really bad idea...me thinks...

It's a brake pad manufacturer. No asbestos found. They produce the pads used in NASCAR and other professional race series. The Model 3 is the first car I've run them on (I paired them with S Calipers before, they're on my MPP BBK now, and on the rear with the stock calipers). They've lasted way longer than the Hawk pads I tried (DTC-70), and they are quiet unlike the Carbotechs. I have Ferodo's on my AP Racing kit, and while they are a great pad, they are almost double the cost.

Raybestos Racing Performance: Racing Brake Pads

Reactions: Redbrick
What track pad setup front/rear would you recommend the MPP BBKs (StopTech caliper front, and thicker rotor with clamshell in the rear), on wider stickier tires (265 mm AR-1)?

ST43 front and rear, or XP12 front and rear?

I much prefer the Raybestos - the Carbotech's are insanely squeaky and throw more dust, it looks like the Raybestos also will last slightly longer.

I'm running ST45 in the front and ST43 in the rear now :)

Curious if these Raybestos pads are appropriate for the street or only for a car that primarily sees track usage? I might do two or three track days a year in my 3 so don't want to compromise regular use too much.

@MasterC17 what's the exact raybestos part number you recieved ?

KNS isnt being forthcoming about availability and the pads seem to be gone from their website so trying to inquire directly myself. Tesla is not in the raybestos catalog so I assume it's an "others" fit for a certain part number

Here's what I found. It doesn't look like that pad is the correct design though. I think they took that pad and trimmed it down to size (then relabeled it for the Tesla).

PXL_20210303_210730792.jpg